Being Nostalgic

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be awesome to view these videos/listen to these recordings. Maybe a DCA audio/video website?

you can buy a dvd from jc video. cristine haas is the person . it's from DCA that year. fleetwood recordings has the cd"s

you can buy a dvd from jc video. cristine haas is the person . it's from DCA that year. fleetwood recordings has the cd"s

http://www.drumcorpsvideos.com/

Bought a few including 1972 Crusaders a while back. Funny thing is I was watching it one night while my wife was sitting there with that "there he goes again look". :tongue: Part way thru "Jesus Christ Superstar" she asked "Why don't Drum Corps play music like that anymore". Irony was Hurcs did JCS soon afterwards. :tongue:

and we partied hard together

Speaking of parties--- remember, the Greece Post American Legion Senior Color Guard won that year also. We were in the same motel as Cru. Which figured---Greece was jam-packed with old "Kinky Ashton" ex Cru color guard guys. So we celebrated twice---once because we won and again because we were all alums of the D&B champs. Seems to me, there was an old Hurricane pressed into service to help with intervals that night too.

Ah yes, 1972. Probably my most memorable year in drum corps.

Tom, might I suggest that assuming nobody has a problem with you sharing this performance, you upload it to one of the multitude of file-sharing websites out there that can more than handle a 12 meg file (my personal favorite being mediafire)? They can host files often faster than most email services, and you can just about instantly share the link with anyone instead of taking the time to re-send it every time to email.

Speaking of parties--- remember, the Greece Post American Legion Senior Color Guard won that year also. We were in the same motel as Cru. Which figured---Greece was jam-packed with old "Kinky Ashton" ex Cru color guard guys. So we celebrated twice---once because we won and again because we were all alums of the D&B champs. Seems to me, there was an old Hurricane pressed into service to help with intervals that night too.

i remember that gary. i was married to kinkys daughter back then. you guy's came on the field at retreat with us. we were all winners that night. what a great feeling having all the old guys that i marched with on the field one last time.

Cookie Monster

Mediaplay.com advises they are out of business... might try soemthing else

oops mediafire still is there, but it stops 60% through up load

no idea

oops mediafire still is there, but it stops 60% through up load

no idea

you may be timing out. if it takes to long it will stop. maybe your computer dosent have the balls to push it fast enough. just guessing.