2009 Class A Predictions Thread

Okay, so we got the official announcement. Might as well get this party started:

I'm calling for Sun Devils, Fusion, Austin Stars and Govenaires in Class A Finals come Labor Day Weekend.

Maybe that order, maybe not. Class A is so much harder to predict than Open Class.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict great music, good times with friends old and new, and a boatload of fun.

And the winner is.....the crowd.

Man, they always win.

whoever scores highest wins ( $1 to me from everyone)

WELL since I march a class A corps we know who i think will be in finals :blink:. Honestly, its definitely possible. But all that aside I am saying (the other 3 besides my corps) would be: Fusion, Sun devils, hhhmmmm the next one is hard... I'd say the grenidiers

( $1 to me from everyone)

That would make you the winner.

That would make you the winner.

:tongue::blink:

WELL since I march a class A corps we know who i think will be in finals :blink:. Honestly, its definitely possible. But all that aside I am saying (the other 3 besides my corps) would be: Fusion, Sun devils, hhhmmmm the next one is hard... I'd say the grenidiers

Mark, I think the word is Grenadiers, from Kingston, Ontario Canada

Doug Smith

Fusion Core seems like a lock to me (early season favorite)

Grenadiers (thought they were in last year)

Austin Stars (this year's Chops)

Sun Devils (what can I say, I'm a homer for the south!)

I think this year, more than we have seen in the past regarding Class A will rely on show design. With Alliance going Open, and Chops and Dream not participating this year, Class A is up for grabs. I just hope there is more than one group putting up a fight for the title. I would be ok with one of the South corps coming home with the title. Wouldn't that look great! Back to back titles from southern corps! :blink:

Too bad no Alliance in Class A and no So Cal at all. It would have been quite a dogfight for the title!

Based on what is known about what the corps' can do; and their most recent performances:

Fusion and Sunrisers are easy picks

Then I'd say Grenadiers and Gold; based on the idea that they've both had a year to get their feet under them again; and I'd expect them both to improve this year.

But both the Govies and White Sabers have the infastructure and experience to be finals contenders, if they have the horses.

Sun Devils and Stars could very well be in the mix, but still too new to pick for the Final Four.

Edited by brassomaniac

I would say Sun Devils will do very well this year. The book is extremely well written from what I have heard so far and I think that the drum lime will be very good for them. Don't count out White Sabres, Kingston...heck, any of the corps.