2009 Class A Predictions Thread

Doug, was that the SATB..Songs of the NY Voices show in Scranton PA. Sept 5/2004?? And Adam there will always be naysayers....but it counted and it was "SWEET". :thumbdown:

The year I took off, but I needed it. I was with the corps regardless and I know underneath it all, they had the best time of their lives out there winning a championship. Time to do it again!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year our only weakness (Frontier/Vigilantes) was our drum line.

Vigilantes will be sporting a FULL, COMPETENT drumline this year, complete with a FULL, COMPETENT drum staff.

All the corps needs to do is fill a couple of horn spots, and then they will be on the hunt for blood side by side with the most bloodthirsty of vampires.

As for myself, I'm back in the Renegades this year...but if my geographical constrainsts weren't as they are I'd kill to spill blood side by side with my Vigilante brethren. Things as they are, best of luck to everyone taking the field in DCA competition this year, in Class A AND in Open. God bless us all.

I predict great music, good times with friends old and new, and a boatload of fun.

And the winner is.....the crowd.

Man, they always win.

Not always, don't you remember '77, when INT beat the Crowd by .01 of a point? That one was a nailbiter right to the end!

Not always, don't you remember '77, when INT beat the Crowd by .01 of a point? That one was a nailbiter right to the end!

I'm pertty sure that INT. will be somewhere in the middle this year, or perhaps at the bottom of the Open Class show, after all of the A Class performers are done.

I'll bet the house that The Crowd wins going away this year!

The Crowd '09! - They Rule!

Skyliners won Class A the first time they entered. (2002)

Sky's first Class A appearance, and first win, was in 1999.

Fran

Sky's first Class A appearance, and first win, was in 1999.

Fran

You're right. That's what I meant. I was looking at the chart tired. Sky's only other Class A appearance and SECOND win was in 2002. :thumbs-up:

My 2 cents ~ if you are a former Open Class corps and you drop down to Class A, whether it is your first appearance in that category or not, it doesn't hold as much water as a corps whose first appearance is also their first year competing with the DCA organization.

Also the way things used to be with corps not declaring Class A til just before championships, that to me was always the escape route. "We probably won't make the cut for finals but if we go Class A ..." I think the way it is now where the corps have to declare by June 1st if they are going Class A is much more fair.

My 2 cents ~ if you are a former Open Class corps and you drop down to Class A, whether it is your first appearance in that category or not, it doesn't hold as much water as a corps whose first appearance is also their first year competing with the DCA organization.

Also the way things used to be with corps not declaring Class A til just before championships, that to me was always the escape route. "We probably won't make the cut for finals but if we go Class A ..." I think the way it is now where the corps have to declare by June 1st if they are going Class A is much more fair.

I agree whole-heartedly with you on the requirement of declaration. I also have to say that Class A has DEFINITELY become more competitive since the early 2000's and a greater effort is required from those who want to make Class A finals. I'm not even sure it's cool to wait until June 1st. I'd like to see declaration being moved earlier than that - say April 1st.

My 2 cents~ if you are a former Open Class corps and you go inactive and basically lose all members etc...and start from the ground up....hey whatever everyone has a spin...what doesn't hold as much water?? DCA made the rules so quit with the rhetoric....anyway I ain't a legal eagle so there you go...torts to you....If the rule fits wear it......jeez what a bunch!!

Just so's you know...this is my opinion and not an affilliation or representing my former corps... again just freakin sayin..........................

My 2 cents~ if you are a former Open Class corps and you go inactive and basically lose all members etc...and start from the ground up....hey whatever everyone has a spin...what doesn't hold as much water?? DCA made the rules so quit with the rhetoric....anyway I ain't a legal eagle so there you go...torts to you....If the rule fits wear it......jeez what a bunch!!

Just so's you know...this is my opinion and not an affilliation or representing my former corps... again just freakin sayin..........................

Hear hear and a beer to that Sir Sanford!