2009 Class A Predictions Thread

My 2 cents~ if you are a former Open Class corps and you go inactive and basically lose all members etc...and start from the ground up....hey whatever everyone has a spin...what doesn't hold as much water?? DCA made the rules so quit with the rhetoric....anyway I ain't a legal eagle so there you go...torts to you....If the rule fits wear it......jeez what a bunch!!

Just so's you know...this is my opinion and not an affilliation or representing my former corps... again just freakin sayin..........................

I must have missed some other comments regarding this, but that poster may been referring to corps like Frontier, that did not start over, but went to Class A due to membership (at least I assume). I think it goes without saying that corps that start over after being gone for a few years count almost as if they are brand new. There are some things that are likely to still be in place (perhaps equipment?).

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 cents~ if you are a former Open Class corps and you go inactive and basically lose all members etc...and start from the ground up....hey whatever everyone has a spin...what doesn't hold as much water??

I think if you reread Liz's post you'll find that nothing she said contradicts that.

In her opinion, an existing open class corps dropping to class A and winning it, especially a few weeks before championships, is less of an achievement than a corps winning it in their first appearance at DCA, or even a corps returning to the field after inactive status as you mention.

The champion is the champion, determined by DCA's rules and adjudicators. Individuals are entitled to their own opinions about whether they're merited or whether one "championship" is a greater accomplishment than another. This is just something you either have to choose to accept and live with, or drive yourself nuts trying to justify yourself to others.

I must have missed some other comments regarding this, but that poster may been referring to corps like Frontier, that did not start over, but went to Class A due to membership (at least I assume). I think it goes without saying that corps that start over after being gone for a few years count almost as if they are brand new. There are some things that are likely to still be in place (perhaps equipment?).

I think winning a Class A championship is a smart move for corps.

Lets look at Alliance , Corpsvets and Gold.

Both Alliance and Corpsvets have won the Class A championship.CV moved to open class and has been successful at making finals every year after.Alliance chapter on being a class A champion moving into open class has yet to be written.

Gold, never won a class A championship.As a open class corps after making finals in 05 and 06 went inactive in 07 and came back as a class A corps.They have not had success in obtaining the Class A championship to date.

You gotta crawl before you walk.

HOLLY COW I STARTED A GOOD DEBATE. Anyways, I was just wondering. I am more excited about seeing the rivalries in class A now more then open class :thumbs-up:

I most excited about seeing the southern corps duke it out. Of course, I am from the South! Class A however will been fun to see who steps up to the plate, now that it is officially busted wide open (3 finalist corps from last year not competing in Class A this year).

I think what makes Class A so exciting, is corps can go from not making Finals one year, to winning the next. Their membership flow is a little less stable than the tipical corps and designing a show that is too much can just as much break you, as help you. LOVE Class A!!!

Dear Ed,

You have a very nice drum corps! Enjoy the summer.

:)

Dwayne

My 2 cents~ if you are a former Open Class corps and you go inactive and basically lose all members etc...and start from the ground up....hey whatever everyone has a spin...what doesn't hold as much water?? DCA made the rules so quit with the rhetoric....anyway I ain't a legal eagle so there you go...torts to you....If the rule fits wear it......jeez what a bunch!!

Just so's you know...this is my opinion and not an affilliation or representing my former corps... again just freakin sayin..........................

and coming back class a after not being active is very smart. i dont think you're getting the main gist here, but thats ok, i'm no legaleagle either :tongue:

Oooooo you're tough...as well as completely off base from what I wrote. :tongue:

'scuse me while I run away scared now...

Over the next 4 weekends, 7 of these corps', including ALL 5 Northeast corps, will be out on the field.

Any sandbagging, hype or stealth will be out the door and we'll see who's got what!!

Should be exciting, right out of the gate.

Edited by brassomaniac