Bluecoats Hornline....WOW!

Saw Bluecoats yesterday, and wow.....what a hornline! With 79 horns (as of yesterday's count), they are poised to become Blue's best hornline ever! They're amazing, they're very talented, and best of all....they're really loud! It's gonna be one cool show....

Go BLOOOOOO! :thumbup:

Edited by bandbuck

Saw Bluecoats yesterday, and wow.....what a hornline! With 79 horns (as of yesterday's count), they are poised to become Blue's best hornline ever! They're amazing, they're very talented, and best of all....they're really loud! It's gonna be one cool show....

Go BLOOOOOO! :thumbup:

I think they'd have some tough Bluecoats hornlines to beat.

yeah...too many unanswered questions though...

were they moving and playing or just arcing up?

and how will the trip out west affect them?

I will see them perform in Glendale on the 24th. I look forward to any comparison to the 2007 line. I believe they had one of the finest tuba sections in recent memory in 2007 and it will take a whole lot for me to bless this current line as better.

The only issue with 2007 was the watering of the book the last week and a half. I believe if they would have just committed to cleaning, the 2007 brass trophy would have belonged in Canton.

I have heard the brass a few times this year, most recently at camp just a few weekends ago. We sometimes draw comparisons too quickly. This will be a very mature horn line. They are VERY talented, have a super book written for them, and the sounds they produce are simply fantastic. They could end up being one of Canton's best, but time will tell.

The 2007 line had it all, top to bottom, and those contras were just fantastic! Although they didn't win high brass, I still believe that when you listen to the recordings they sound every bit as good as the top 3 brass lines from that year. The watering of the book was unfortunate, especially because I felt the kids could play it, but they still played at a level that was truly as good as anyone.

I am a big fan of the 2005 Bluecoats brass line. That was one heck of a great book as well.

But as I said, this year's rendition is poised to be very, very good. Let's see where they go with it. I am excited for them. Watch out for their percussion section as well. They just reloaded and have one heck of a line! I think fans are going to love their music.

The 2007 line had it all, top to bottom, and those contras were just fantastic! Although they didn't win high brass, I still believe that when you listen to the recordings they sound every bit as good as the top 3 brass lines from that year. The watering of the book was unfortunate, especially because I felt the kids could play it, but they still played at a level that was truly as good as anyone.

I've always been on record as saying that the 2007 Bluecoats had the best hornline and drumline on the field in 2007. To my ears, anyway. Simply magnificent.

Better than their 07 line that almost won brass?

People that hype Corps or sections of Corps as " best ever " probably raise other fans expectations beyond a level that is realistic.

Just sayin'

I've seen and heard a Corps within the last week that I believe has the capacity to pleasantly surprise some people based upon off season expectations. That said, I'll let that Corps just go and do their thing. In addition, it's hard to gauge how other Corps are doing by comparison. Plus, who the heck really knows what the judges will think on these Corps. And at Finals August, we'll all really know who's up..... who's down..... who's the same this year when the smoke clears.

Edited by BRASSO

Just spoke with the arranger today ... told him I wasn't going to see the corps until early August, unfortunately ... to paraphrase him -- "They should be really smokin' by then. You'll like it!!"

I'm excited!!