DCP-I XII Season Discussion

Thought Shade was going to do better last night, but everything was so close this year. I'm happy that Silhouette moved on to Finals and Shadow in in Semi's. Now we'll see how high we can get. Going to be tough to move up.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing end to the season. Eden and Aurora are done, and Polaris needs a miracle to advance to Saturday.

Spirit absolutely screwed Eden and Aurora. See if I ever use them in a caption again. :bluedevil:

Spirit absolutely screwed Eden and Aurora. See if I ever use them in a caption again. :bluedevil:

Yeah I hear ya, their Perc score was off the hook 2 weeks ago and just went down hill from there. So I got out when I could. This is like playing the stock market.

This is like playing the stock market.

ceetainly is this year! good thing I am a banker! :bluedevil:

I changed out from their percussion between quarters and semis. I think it gave me that extra boost from ninth to sixth.

Texas Zephyrs knew they threw down a great show last night. Now they know what they have to do today.

The best part is, we still haven't put everything on the field in competition. There's still one last visual piece that we saved up for finals.

This is fun.

Battalion's in second at the moment. We're not going to change anything up except work on minor issues seen at the quarters.

This year's championships are probably going to be the closest ever. I wouldn't even want to do predictions it's so close! :bluedevil:

-Wayne

The Detroit City Council will not be making any changes to their show tonight due to all other (3) preferred captions being "dupes."

Dude, Where's My Corps? has made minor adjustments and have their preferred captions.

Yeah I hear ya, their Perc score was off the hook 2 weeks ago and just went down hill from there. So I got out when I could. This is like playing the stock market.

Wasn't even percussion, it was music ensemble. Their scores had been good the past week or so, but they just bombed it in QF. I wonder how much of a factor the Lucas Oil Tin Can played in that.

Eden and Aurora were done in by a combination of bad decisions and bad luck. One bad decision was Spirit. The other bad decision was when I decided to focus my spreadsheet less on trend analysis and more on spot-checking head-to-head match-ups. BIG mistake. I'll definitely be going back to primarily trend analysis in Season 14. The bad luck part was the Troopers/Academy split, which turned into a Kobayashi Maru scenario for me. Every caption I should've had Troop, I took Academy, and every caption I should've had Academy, I took Troop. :tongue: Eh, whatcha gonna do.

The annoying part isn't that I missed Finals (well, okay, that's annoying), but that I have to wait four or five months to correct my errors. When does Season 13 start? :bluedevil:

World Class is just ridiculous this year, and it's primarily because of the Crown/Cavs/Cadets/Vanguard cluster. When you have THAT MANY corps bunched THAT CLOSELY at the top of the standings, the fantasy scoring possibilities go up exponentially. Instead of the usual 10-12 corps scrapping for the last few finals spots, we've got 20-25 corps with a shot. I mean, in World Class QF, 1st place was only 2.0 points ahead of 33rd place, and only 3.0 points ahead of 45th place.

I made my caption changes for Polaris. If these captions had been in place last night Polaris would have scored 94.05, good enough for 6th place. I can only hope the numbers hold true tonight and my flagship corps can skyrocket into Finals. :bigsmile:

Mercury and Hg just barely edged their way into Finals by only .05. Talk about cutting it close!!

Quiksilver is headed in the right direction, looking at a spot in finals in their first live season. Currrently tied for 8th and less than 1 point from first. :smile:

Hopefully the changes they've made will at least keep them there if not move them up a few spots.

Edited by Craig III