Chamberburg-er Bar and Grill

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first win by The Cadets over Carolina Crown in the last 11 head to head match ups, going all the way back to July 17th in Houston.

I thought the first time Crown beat Cadets was in Orlando? I remember because I was in Denver at DATR, and everybody around me was freaking out. I could be wrong though. And I apologize if this has been addressed already.

By the way, what's Glassmen's show???

Haven't kept up on my Drum Corps news, hockey season lasted a little long... :rolleyes:

The Journey of One

Hmm... I prefer the previous Boston uniforms a lot more... they used to look sleek and dark... now they look mushy. I do find myself liking the Colts more and more as time goes on.

P1040134.JPG

Simply out of lack of knowledge (I'm a pit guy, I don't worry about this kind of thing), Don't the angles on the stomachs make it harder to clean visually? I remember some people were worried about the Troopers neckerchiefs messing with vis, but I'm just curious if that makes any kind of contribution to their score.

Speaking of the pit, I also don't like the fact that many corps have adopted the idea of making their pit different from the corps. Even if it is just a different colored uniform, I would feel short-changed if I went to march for a corps and they made me put on a different uniform than what the rest of the corps is accustomed to wearing. I feel like it's beginning to be too WGI'ish.

Edited by acolli17

Sorry no cadets pix. Quick comments on what I did see:

Colts: I "got" the show -- maybe it's *too* obvious thematically.

Glassmen: I think I *will* get this show later but it's much easier to enjoy already.

Boston: While I like the concept, it still seems very very similar to recent Boston shows.

Crown: (bias warning: my kid is in their guard) they have *so far* to go with this show. imho a much more difficult show than they've ever attempted. walking in parking lot heard a cadets fan(atic) (maybe in their 60's or so / strong n jersey accent -- what many unkindly might call a Borg...) say " Crown's designer must have been on drugs -- that GREEN. Whew! ) and had to laugh: she has no idea that the designers got her exactly where they wanted to : in a surreal, fairy tale kind of place.

Cadets: will see tomorrow. People I trust told me: Visually cleaner than Crown but not nearly the "new exploration" of WSS they were hoping for so the score is no surprise. Despite my kid I'm a fan of the Cadets and had (still have) high hopes for this show.

I will write a better review after Annapolis (but of course you'll all be watching on the FN so I guess there's no need !!)

----

mike

Edited by corpsband