the Rockford "standstill" show?

Just askin'

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They did the same thing last year...Till mid season in order to save $$$$

and it sucked last year too... scores meant nothing until halfway through the season.

Don't scores technically mean nothing until finals week?

Don't scores technically mean nothing until finals week?

technically, but at least from midseason until then you know where corps stand relative to each other up until then. right now we're on completely different playing field, and a corps thats beating another right now may be way behind when the full panel comes out in a few weeks, its impossible to know. I want to remember blue stars benefiitting a lot from the full panel last year.

Wider shot

P1040135.JPG

I like this. Visual focus should be on the field, and having the performers in neutral colors (instead of MM uni) minimizes the visual distraction of people playing in the pit.

This is a continuation of a trend started when pit performers stopped wearing covers (hats), for the same reason. (As an aside, I played marimba/vibes in high school in the 80s, and I remember watching on the video replays how distracting it was when I head bobbed up an down to watch the DM and the keyboard -- we had shakos and big plumes.)

Maybe this trend will continue, and pit performers will wear camo and face paint, so they can really fade into the background? Or will the pit become even more like an actual "pit" orchestra, where they're blocked from audience view by a screen?

I guess pit performers should be heard and not seen? JK :rolleyes:

I like this. Visual focus should be on the field, and having the performers in neutral colors (instead of MM uni) minimizes the visual distraction of people playing in the pit.

This is a continuation of a trend started when pit performers stopped wearing covers (hats), for the same reason. (As an aside, I played marimba/vibes in high school in the 80s, and I remember watching on the video replays how distracting it was when I head bobbed up an down to watch the DM and the keyboard -- we had shakos and big plumes.)

Maybe this trend will continue, and pit performers will wear camo and face paint, so they can really fade into the background? Or will the pit become even more like an actual "pit" orchestra, where they're blocked from audience view by a screen?

Is there a guy laying down in front of the pit??

Yeah, this is going to be a very strong show visually before too long and I agree with your assesments on focus.

Is there a guy laying down in front of the pit??

It definitely looks like it! What's he doing down there?