The Menomonie Muncherie

These guys are sure off to a rickety start :/

Hope the weather improves dramatically, and quickly

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's the Drum Corps Gods expressing their displeasure with the use of synthesizers.

:sad: :sad:

But yeah, it sucks they're having bad luck thus far. Hoping for a better turnout for the next few days. Go Phantom!

well, that's drum corps in the midwest: 1, mother nature and the rain: 2

:sad:

IMG_4489JPG.jpg

Just got back from the "show." Thanks to MN Brass, Racine Scouts Pioneer, and Spirit, who performed in the rain.

The first two did their field shows in a drizzle. I saw the corps directors meeting at the announcer's table on the field after MN Brass was on (LOVED it!) and I knew it was gonna be bad news. Since the racine Scouts were already on the field, they would do their field show. Everyone else wpuld be dong a standstillon the field. It looked slippery.

Pioneer came out and preformed in the drizzle. They sound much improved over previous years. Maybe soon they will actually get to perform a field show after two rainouts. :sad:

Spirit came on with all their pit equipment covered. then the rain *really* started. They sent the whole pit away and decided to play. Great job in the rain! The hornline sounds really good. Percussion is very good as well.

Then they got smart and moved everyone else into the field house (running track and tennis). I should have brought earplugs. It was VERY loud. I was in the top row of the bleachers. (row SEVEN) almost in the middle. Madison, Blue Stars and Phantom all performed very well. The echoes after a great musical cutoff lingered int he building for a good three second after each cutoff. It would have been an improvement if they had adjusted to the conditions better and played a little softer some of the time. Great job by all.

I must be bad luck. I went to two show so far, and Rockford and Menomonie were both rainouts. I promise to stay away for another week so the midwest can get some shows in.

---tom