Thanks for the review and for noticing me Sayre.......after seeing Fran's shirt, I was definitely muted. Where does the man find those wild things??????

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my brief recollections of yesterday evening. Full report will be in Drum Corp World.

Thank you to the team from the Caballeros for putting together another fantastic chapter of "Cabs at the Beach" and as a final note, to the Wildwood School District: please get a new PA system.

Well said, Sayre.

I would add a couple of comments:

Unlike last year's show, the Cabs pretty much deserved the score they got. Last year I thought their score was a huge 'gift' as I pegged the Bucs closer to 10 pts better in performance. This year Cabs were truly on fire througout the show. I watched rehearsal and didn't think they would be that good, but when you don the Uni it either frightens you into a bad show, or makes you suck it up and perform. Cabs did the latter and it showed. Tremendous improvement from Fri night to Sat night!! The folks deserve a lot of praise for their acheivement.

I heard Bucs full horn line on Friday night and thought.......oh well here we go again. They are still that good, but I thought their performance was not up to par compared to last year. The pit definitely overpowered a gorgeous horn line at times, particularly during the horn solo work. Maybe it was just because I was sitting low in the stands, but I had the same seats last year and the hornline blew me away......not so much this year.

Wow! Bush! Small line playing extremely difficult stuff. This is a very entertaining show and they pulled it off, despite their size. As someone has already said.......Bush seems to just creep up the scoreboard every year. They were way better than at this time last year. If they can get a few more bodies (which they also normally do) watch out!

Fan review........we came early only to find that they had opened the gates even earlier. Not fair to those who wanted prime seating in the 'first come, first serve format'. Point being if we had known gates were going to open sooner, we would have arrived sooner as well.

Fan review #2..........to those who figured it was "first come first serve" a second time after the rain delay, shame on you. I saw families that could no longer sit together because people had seat jumped. Oh well, some people are more important than others (or at least they think so I guess).

To the Cabs, great show (except for the gate gaff). I look forward to Wildwood every year and this year's show did not disappoint.

Yikes, almost forgot. Cabs alumni were awesome as usual and Jersey Surf were way better than last year. Surf may not content for an upper echelon DCI spot, but they will be in the hunt for top 12 I think.

Gord Moffatt

Hey Gord.....

Great additional review........

Also.....Nice sitting and chatting with you during the show!!!!

Wow! Bush! Small line playing extremely difficult stuff. This is a very entertaining show and they pulled it off, despite their size. As someone has already said.......Bush seems to just creep up the scoreboard every year. They were way better than at this time last year. If they can get a few more bodies (which they also normally do) watch out!

Thanks for the good words.

"Objects in your rear view mirror are closer than they appear". :tongue:

great review

Hey Gord.....

Great additional review........

Also.....Nice sitting and chatting with you during the show!!!!

Thanks Frank,

Just wanted to get my few cents in. Its really easy to be a critic, (or critique) sitting in the stands. I miss being on the field, (not the long practice days) but this job (sitting/watching/drinking beer when I want, being an expert) is growing on me. Nice talking (and critiquing) with you too.

See you again!

Gord

Nice job Sayre! Does anyone know what the penalty was for that Carolina Gold received?

Nice job Sayre! Does anyone know what the penalty was for that Carolina Gold received?

Playing with a southern accent???? :smile: :smile:

i think i read undertime