I don't tend to count, but rather just listen. I didn't really pay attention to see how much the line could be expanded. I just know that what they did, with what they had, at this early stage was pretty darn good. I don't envy the judging staff that has to compare a really good 70 horns to a really good 30 horns, but I think they've done a good job over the past few years, so in that context I think Bush has the potential to come on strong just like last year.

Frank Ponzo was sitting near me, and perhaps he counted or noticed how many holes. Frank?

Well...honestly, I do not know how many brass their drill writer wrote for, but I do seem to remember counting around 19 brass on the field that night. I heard a rumor (yeah...I know rumors suck), that in order to fill out their drill, they placed their members in every OTHER spot, so at least forms would be seen....

And let me tell you something.......those 19 brass players, played their BAL*S off......

When (not IF), this show gets clean, they are going to contend. One of my favorite Bush shows EVER!

I will actually take back my earlier prediction of them being in 8th place and move them up to 4th or 5th......because they are THAT GOOD!!!!

And their guard?? WHOA........again going to be contenders in my book......they are fun to watch, and they do alot of work for this early!!! And again, the stuff they do is sick!!! :blink:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...honestly, I do not know how many brass their drill writer wrote for, but I do seem to remember counting around 19 brass on the field that night. I heard a rumor (yeah...I know rumors suck), that in order to fill out their drill, they placed their members in every OTHER spot, so at least forms would be seen....

And let me tell you something.......those 19 brass players, played their BAL*S off......

When (not IF), this show gets clean, they are going to contend. One of my favorite Bush shows EVER!

I will actually take back my earlier prediction of them being in 8th place and move them up to 4th or 5th......because they are THAT GOOD!!!!

And their guard?? WHOA........again going to be contenders in my book......they are fun to watch, and they do alot of work for this early!!! And again, the stuff they do is sick!!! :omg:

Interesting. every other person you say?Ill have to write that down. ;o)

Thanks Frank. :blink:

Interesting. every other person you say?Ill have to write that down. ;o)

Thanks Frank. :omg:

It's just what I heard Jerome........not saying it's true, because I honestly could not tell. (and again....that rumor thing.....)

Everything about your show this year is awesome....great book, great drill, great drumline, great guard.....all the makings of one of the most memorable Bush shows ever!!! :blink:

It's just what I heard Jerome........not saying it's true, because I honestly could not tell. (and again....that rumor thing.....)

Everything about your show this year is awesome....great book, great drill, great drumline, great guard.....all the makings of one of the most memorable Bush shows ever!!! :blink:

Its all good man. See ya in CT. :omg:

I don't tend to count, but rather just listen. I didn't really pay attention to see how much the line could be expanded. I just know that what they did, with what they had, at this early stage was pretty darn good. I don't envy the judging staff that has to compare a really good 70 horns to a really good 30 horns, but I think they've done a good job over the past few years, so in that context I think Bush has the potential to come on strong just like last year.

Frank Ponzo was sitting near me, and perhaps he counted or noticed how many holes. Frank?

Those horn spots are starting to fill up nicely by the way.

More keyboardists on the way this weekend also.

Starting to add some props this weekend also and we have a surprise to add into the 3rd piece sometime around July.

The 2009 Bushwackers will be just fine.

Thanks everybody for all the kind words!

This is DCA we are talking about, which is a numbers game. Guaranteed 30 or less horns will hurt them, well it should anyway. What about all those other corps that have had low horn numbers, TONS of talent, great sound but end up getting tucked under the rug because of low numbers? I know it happens, I have seen it first hand.

I wish every corps the best possible success by the way. I just can't wait to see what happens to the corps with low horn numbers. I hope they get awesome scores, I truly do.

also and we have a surprise to add into the 3rd piece sometime around July.

I KNEW it!!!! I KNEW the rumor about live circus animals was true!!!!

Fran

I KNEW it!!!! I KNEW the rumor about live circus animals was true!!!!

Fran

So we're looking at a Siegfried and Roy Tribute Show??