Video On Demand Results

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown's Promise of Living HAS to be part of the judged show. Absolute great brass playing. I love the transition to the 2nd tune.

Now on to BD/SCV.

BD - Opinion hasn't changed much, the drill looks better from up top, but parts are still a mess, and the show loses me at about 4 minutes.

You know that's Aaron Copeland's Piano Variations right? That's what the piece sounds like.

After watching the first round of videos, I think BD, Holy Name and Crown all have strong shows, but none has obvious championship prospects (the way that, say, BD did at this time last year).

BD's opener and closer are great, but the middle 4 min and all the chairs are going to need a lot of work to make convincing. I really like hearing a more classic-sounding music book from them.

Cadets have a good, tough show, but didn't seem to generate a lot of impact with the material. It's not the automatic championship that so many people wanted to hand them over the winter, but it'll certainly be a contender.

I found Crown's book pretty convincing, and it seems like they've continued to raise the bar on their performance this year. But I don't think their design has entirely come together. Maybe the storyline communicates better in person than it did through the video?

SCV is elegant and entertaining. The last few years, they've had great drill and music, but were seemingly unable to clean it. This year, it seems like a much simpler show, but they'll probably be able to achieve it at a higher level. I don't expect much increase in placement, but it'll certainly be popular.

After watching the first round of videos, I think BD, Holy Name and Crown all have strong shows, but none has obvious championship prospects (the way that, say, BD did at this time last year).

BD's opener and closer are great, but the middle 4 min and all the chairs are going to need a lot of work to make convincing. I really like hearing a more classic-sounding music book from them.

Cadets have a good, tough show, but didn't seem to generate a lot of impact with the material. It's not the automatic championship that so many people wanted to hand them over the winter, but it'll certainly be a contender.

I found Crown's book pretty convincing, and it seems like they've continued to raise the bar on their performance this year. But I don't think their design has entirely come together. Maybe the storyline communicates better in person than it did through the video?

SCV is elegant and entertaining. The last few years, they've had great drill and music, but were seemingly unable to clean it. This year, it seems like a much simpler show, but they'll probably be able to achieve it at a higher level. I don't expect much increase in placement, but it'll certainly be popular.

I agree with just about everything except for SCV....I see this show developing into a Monster...but only if the staff take it that direction.

When judging these I'm always looking at the potential and the back ground of the corps to maximize.

Here's the order I have everyone in and my projected finish if each show is maximized.

1. BD

2. Cadets

3. Crown

4. SCV

5. BAC

6. Glassmen

Projected finish if maxed out...

1. SCV

2. Cadets

3. BD

4. Crown

5. Glassmen

6. BAC

OF course all this will change with the addition of the other corps...

So, Cavaliers don't make the cut at all ?? Assessment seems abit without objectivity.

So, Cavaliers don't make the cut at all ?? Assessment seems abit without objectivity.

No respect, I tell ya....

rodneydangerfield1.jpg

Edited by mobrien

I think "1930" is one of the more boring shows BD has done in a long time... I like their 2007 show (Winged Victory) better than this one.