Wildwood Thoughts and Thanks

I know Al Katz will be on here with a thread thanking all who helped with the Wildwood show, but I figured I'd beat him to the punch with my own thread....LOL:

A BIG "thank you" to all the fans/corps members who hung in there despite the crazy weather Saturday. Rain most of the day, then sunshine just before showtime, then dark clouds/fog/mist/wind, then a torrential rainstorm, then more sunshine followed by a nice, cool evening. Weird.

And as I said at the show.... major props to the folks from Carolina Gold, who were caught in the downpour but then regrouped and came back out to perform their show and kick off the DCA competition season.

Thanks to Mayor Troiano for his help in trying to figure out what was going on with the PA system. We think the wet weather of recent days might have compromised the wiring system.

THANK YOU to my brother-in-law's mom and sister, and to Carl Ruocco's "significant other" Barbara, for their help in getting a poncho on my wife Barbara and then helping her get to shelter during the storm.

And my thanks to any of you who stopped by to say hello to Barbara. To make a long story short, she's had a bit of a rough go of it in recent months, and the greetings really helped lift her spirits....heck, my spirits, too.

Heh.... our great-niece Shannon...our nephew Christopher's daughter.... was having a good time at the show, waiting for her grandfather (my brother-in-law) to perform with the Cabs Alumni. Then halfway through the alumni corps' performance, and after yelling for her granddad, she fell asleep..... LOL!!!!

I think I pinned the "boardwalk food meter" over the weekend....gotta get back to my regular routine this week. Among other things over the weekend....two trips to Kohr Brothers (the Dulche de Leche flavor is positively off the hook), a cheesesteak with fried onions at Harry's Corner, and some fried Oreos. The Oreos were dipped in batter then deep-fried. They were absolutely awesome, with the frying process basically melting the cookie inside the batter.....but I could almost feel my arteries clogging...LOL

And ... of course.... thanks to the folks with the Caballeros for giving me another opportunity to emcee this show. The Cabs know their stuff when it comes to running a drum corps competition, no doubt about it....their professionalism certainly helps make my job a lot easier. :tongue:

Next up for us: the Drum Corps Grand Prix in NJ on July 11. Hope to see you there!

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

Who else in the world could be the voice of DCA nearly as good as you. Glad you and Barbara had a good time at the beach. I'll have to try and find both of you after the Grand Prix.

See you on July 11th ... look for me

I start: on 40 S2 12ffh

I know Al Katz will be on here with a thread thanking all who helped with the Wildwood show, but I figured I'd beat him to the punch with my own thread....LOL:

A BIG "thank you" to all the fans/corps members who hung in there despite the crazy weather Saturday. Rain most of the day, then sunshine just before showtime, then dark clouds/fog/mist/wind, then a torrential rainstorm, then more sunshine followed by a nice, cool evening. Weird.

And as I said at the show.... major props to the folks from Carolina Gold, who were caught in the downpour but then regrouped and came back out to perform their show and kick off the DCA competition season.

Thanks to Mayor Troiano for his help in trying to figure out what was going on with the PA system. We think the wet weather of recent days might have compromised the wiring system.

THANK YOU to my brother-in-law's mom and sister, and to Carl Ruocco's "significant other" Barbara, for their help in getting a poncho on my wife Barbara and then helping her get to shelter during the storm.

And my thanks to any of you who stopped by to say hello to Barbara. To make a long story short, she's had a bit of a rough go of it in recent months, and the greetings really helped lift her spirits....heck, my spirits, too.

Heh.... our great-niece Shannon...our nephew Christopher's daughter.... was having a good time at the show, waiting for her grandfather (my brother-in-law) to perform with the Cabs Alumni. Then halfway through the alumni corps' performance, and after yelling for her granddad, she fell asleep..... LOL!!!!

I think I pinned the "boardwalk food meter" over the weekend....gotta get back to my regular routine this week. Among other things over the weekend....two trips to Kohr Brothers (the Dulche de Leche flavor is positively off the hook), a cheesesteak with fried onions at Harry's Corner, and some fried Oreos. The Oreos were dipped in batter then deep-fried. They were absolutely awesome, with the frying process basically melting the cookie inside the batter.....but I could almost feel my arteries clogging...LOL

And ... of course.... thanks to the folks with the Caballeros for giving me another opportunty to emcee this show. The Cabs know their stuff when it comes to running a drum corps competition, no doubt about it....their professionalism certainly helps make my job a lot easier. :worthy:

Next up for us: the Drum Corps Grand Prix in NJ on July 11. Hope to see you there!

Fran

A cheesesteak with onions! Boy do I miss "Pat's "in Philly!! :tongue: IS IT still even THERE?

Boy do I miss "Pat's "in Philly!! IS IT still even THERE?

You miss Pat's? The next time you're here, send me a PM. I'll get you at least 5 places with MUCH better sandwiches.

And cheesesteaks are so passé - it's all 'bout the pork now!!

like Jeff said, yes, it's still there and so is Geno's (kittycorner across Passyunk Ave), which is my 'steak wit of choice

A cheesesteak with onions! Boy do I miss "Pat's "in Philly!! :tongue: IS IT still even THERE?

to reflect on what Fran said, thanks to the Caballero folks, the City of Wildwood vis a vis Mayor Ernie, to Al for alllowing me the honor..........to Fran and Barb, two of my favorites (even if his shirt shorted out the speakers), big thanx to all the performers for their perseverance and courage to march on THAT field ( I've seen rice paddies with less water) and to all the fans and friends who make the yearly trek to start off the season in true drum corps style.......THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALL

Joe a/k/a Guido

You miss Pat's? The next time you're here, send me a PM. I'll get you at least 5 places with MUCH better sandwiches.

the last time I went to Pat's was 1978!! My band was playing a 4 week gig at the Sheraton on JFK blvd. :tongue:

Thank you, Michael Symon!!!! :tongue:

Fran