The Glendale Tap!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, loved troopers! The arrangement was awesome. Great twist on west side story. Great integration between guard and hornlines. Happy to see such good things from Wyoming after their recent troubles!

Wow, loved troopers! The arrangement was awesome. Great twist on west side story. Great integration between guard and hornlines. Happy to see such good things from Wyoming after their recent troubles!

Thank you Dean Westman, et al.

Blue knights...

Good - guard's portrayal of the theme. Some nice moments in brass and drum feature was enjoyable.

Theme was winter in Colorado. If it hadn't been for the guard wearing ski vests with fur trim (poor kids!) doing snow angels on the field it'd have been lost on me. Music was nice but not catchy.

The not so good... The synth. Way too loud and unnecessary wind effects... Then acoustic guitar and string groups! Ugh, not on the drum corps field please! It was distracting and put a bitter taste in my mouth that I fear halted my full enjoyment of the show.

Overall, a "typical" blue knights show. Decent music, lots of body work, nothing memorable for me personally. Get rid of the synth and I'd like it a lot more.

On a side note, god help me, I have the most amazingly annoying high school band kids sitting behind me. One of those know it alls who keeps racing about spartacus (not that I disagree, but it's every other word... ) and talking about how these groups are okay but he's waiting for the "big names" to play. So him and then his 4 friends who don't seem to know much, but are very loud and vocal and ... There is no other way to describe it but exuberant high school band need. God bless them for being here and supporting drum corps etc but fang they are annoying. Thankfully they are silent during the shows themselves...

At the show. About to start here... Arizona doesn't do daylight savings :p

Bluecosts win the souvenir contest. Front of shirt, looking for a high quality drum corps? Back, we have an app for that. Then their logo in Mac fashioning. Too cool and earned my 20 bucks! Got my academy swag at the open house.

First corps steps off at approximately 740. 4 groups then 20 min intermission, then 4 more. I refuse to even try to post scores, my thumbs and blackberry just aren't that fast, lol. I will try to repost between shows if I can.

check out troop's new shirts too!

09 Tour Shirt

F Troop Shirt

Raving and dang. Can you tell I'm typing on a BB pearl? Lol

kinda wished AZ was still 1 hour ahead of me LOL

sidenote, judging by the lack of conversation and people in the room asking if there are scores, I think the east/midwestern contingents have hit the sack

Edited by blueorginal

Don't like Santa Clara's DM uniforms at all. :( white bibbers, green stripe on the diagonal red top. I guess I always think dark uniforms for the drum majors.

Omg LOVE! Love the show. Nice rendition of app spring. Nice moments throughout and overall I loved it too! Best sounding brass of the night. Don't agree with 95% of previous reviews. I loved the show.

Okay time to explain to my drum corps virgin boyfriend why they are booing for bluecoats :p