The Glendale Tap!

Was at rehearsal this morning. Heard Andre saying that the cold weather was causing havoc with pitch last night. That may be way there was such a swing today.

Still..every corps has to deal with it. Maybe that says that SCV's show is one that must be played in tune to be effective. (but not BC?)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still..every corps has to deal with it. Maybe that says that SCV's show is one that must be played in tune to be effective. (but not BC?)

Who knows? I'm just reporting what I heard.

Yup.

I notice that Dan Bryan seems intent on putting Academy over BK no matter what caption he is judging.... and that is why he is not a player in this activity....

Interesting observation as JJ (who judged finals last year) had BK with quite a signifigant edge over Academy and even one part of the sheet over SCV. I would take JJ's opinion on where BK is at now, than Mr. Bryan's.

Interesting observation as JJ (who judged finals last year) had BK with quite a signifigant edge over Academy and even one part of the sheet over SCV. I would take JJ's opinion on where BK is at now, than Mr. Bryan's.

As would anyone else.... and that is why JJ judges regionals and finala every year and Dan Bryan is judging on the west coast (and a few small shows outside of california) instead of regionals and finals.

As would anyone else.... and that is why JJ judges regionals and finala every year and Dan Bryan is judging on the west coast (and a few small shows outside of california) instead of regionals and finals.

Dan Bryan is involved in some drum corps insider trading/throwing the show I guess..... C'mon Dan get your Head out your A#@... BK could be even closer to SCV and Bluecoats if it wasn't for you....

Wes P

You go girl!
I've always wanted to be a ##### to people in the stands, but i'm such a puss. :( I'm happy that Emma is the man I never could hope to be. :)

thanks, haha. i'm usually very outspoken and had been biting my tongue since they'd mostly been behaving themselves during the show. but when they talk over lush hornline sounds, i say something.

Much improvement since even last Friday for academy. Noted improvement in the tuba section. A couple drops in the guard tonight but overall improvement! Yay academy!

Santa Clara encore before scores, then academy after scores. No scores from me - numbers ar tough on the blackberry and my fingers/internet connection aren't fast enough. Hope someone is putting them on twitter!

some stuff that didn't get posted - academy also unfortunately suffered the too loud synth virus tonight. just turn it down! please! :smile:

Like this one?

SCV82CJ.jpg

Oh, wait, he's wearing a white jacket. Then there was the red one before that. He just had a white stripe with no green, kinda like the drum uniforms in the pic above.

I've only seen pics of the new one, but it looked a little strange to me at first, too.

Garry in Vegas

not at all. take the current SCV member uniforms. make the pants white. same jacket as corps proper as far as i can tell.

Kind of like a raffle at a golf tournament?

there was a raffle there! haha, academy is doing a huge raffle this summer. special prizes were drawn tonight by academy's DM before scores.

so Emma....can you say how you really feel about BK's toys?

:thumbup:

the overlying feeling of the night was "turn it down or better, turn it OFF"

sean (his first judged show as an audience member) liked SCV best. a great testimonial from him - he likes mostly strings in his own musical preferences - the opening of academy's show... "i liked it. and i don't usually like brass stuff. but that was cool" smart boy :smile:

Dan Bryan is involved in some drum corps insider trading/throwing the show I guess..... C'mon Dan get your Head out your A#@... BK could be even closer to SCV and Bluecoats if it wasn't for you....

Wes P

Dont worry about it.

The west coast tour will be done soon and so will Dan's judging stint this summer

I doubt it's anything nefarious, but it does look like a pretty big inconsistency... as a BK honk, I'll go ahead and just take the Blue side of the argument! ;)

THAT'S what I'm talking about SCV! I came back to this thread preparing for Bluecoats at 75.something with SCV a point behind. Was going to make a witty remark that SCV should put a patent on scoring a 74 in June.

What a pleasant surprise!

no witty remarks for YOU! :thumbup: