4th of July Parades

:worthy: Me? Utter such a thing to the vertically challenged! :doh: Where could I possibly gotten that idea? :wall:

You mean besides me?? :smile::doh::wall:

Where's Cosetti when you need him? :lol:

PS - My wife Kris laughed when I told her that one. The other big laugh was when she asked who I saw and I pulled out some raffle tickets and said "I saw Cecily". :sad:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hanover Lancers - Looked a little smaller than I had expected but sounded really good. I like their arrangements. I don't know quite how to describe it, but they're a little different from typical alumni corps charts and that's OK. It gives them a unique sound.

Thanks Sayre, I'll pass this up the line as think I'm the only corps member on DCP. Two of our parade tunes are arranged by Brian Moul who is our horn instructor and also plays Bari. Forget who arranged the other one. One good thing about having someone close to the corps arranging is that they get to hear the sound and members comments constantly. Brian also is known to change the charts as we learn them in case something isn't working out right.

But nothing like having the horn instructor next to you in a parade. :worthy:

Edit: Jeesh who could I fail to mention Bob Zarfoss (future member of WDCHOF) handling the drum charts, instruction and fill in Asst DM at the Havre de Grace parade. :smile:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Hope everyone had a happy and safe Fourth of July. Thanks to all for the parade updates. Does any have photos of Glenside, PA and Havre de Grace, MD? Looking for pics of Teal Sound in those new cream uniforms. Thank you.

Alliance - Another corps with a cloaking device. I was really hoping to see them at some point because of all the hype I've been hearing and because of those audio and video teasers.

Well, I have been told that Alliance doesn't send their entire corps to parades, any way. So... you would have only gotten a sampling of their group.

If I attached them right, here are some photos from the Dundalk newspaper:

alliancea.jpg

Alliance

mcll.jpg

Music City Legend

shenandoah.jpg

Shenadoah Sound

skyliners.jpg

NY Skyliners

sunrisers.jpg

Sunrisers

yankeerebels.jpg

Yankee Rebels

Edited by Contraholic

If I attached them right, here are some photos from the Dundalk newspaper:

alliancea.jpg

Alliance

mcll.jpg

Music City Legend

shenandoah.jpg

Shenadoah Sound

skyliners.jpg

NY Skyliners

sunrisers.jpg

Sunrisers

yankeerebels.jpg

Yankee Rebels

Thanks for the pix, Sayre.

I am so short that I am completely hidden by the cymbal player closest to the front. :thumbup:

Results from Bel Air:

http://www.belairjuly4.org/innerpages/lastyear.html

1st Place: Music City Legends Drum & Bugle Corps

2nd Place: Alliance Drum & Bugle Corps

3rd Place: Reading Buccaneers Drum & Bugle Corps

WOW, that answers a question I've had since I came back a few years ago.

Question was: Are there any competition parades anymore...... In my part of the country seemed like there were more competing than not. Really kept the corps on their toes around the reviewing stand.

1st Place: Music City Legends Drum & Bugle Corps

2nd Place: Alliance Drum & Bugle Corps

3rd Place: Reading Buccaneers Drum & Bugle Corps

And

Judges Awards for Special Excellence in the 2009 Parade

:devil: Shenandoah Sound Drum & Bugle Corps :w00t:

WOW, that answers a question I've had since I came back a few years ago.

Question was: Are there any competition parades anymore...... In my part of the country seemed like there were more competing than not. Really kept the corps on their toes around the reviewing stand.

The parade we were in had a competitive section, but sadly, no one in the corps thought to decorate a bicycle :tongue: