Crown's Closer

My question regarding the closer - right now, during the final push, the color guard is featured in a tight group dance from audience right to the center - to me, this is one of the least effective parts of their program. It seems underwhelming compared to the rest of the show. I wanted to know if this is a temporary ending, or will it stay like this? Hopefully, we'll see something a little 'bigger' from this group to cap off an excellent program. Just my $0.02!

I'm betting the creative team is going to address the closer in the coming weeks. IMO, it's the only thing that will keep them from a Championship... well, that and the blue team from Cali.

My question regarding the closer - right now, during the final push, the color guard is featured in a tight group dance from audience right to the center - to me, this is one of the least effective parts of their program. It seems underwhelming compared to the rest of the show. I wanted to know if this is a temporary ending, or will it stay like this? Hopefully, we'll see something a little 'bigger' from this group to cap off an excellent program. Just my $0.02!

oh its absolutely going to stay like that... since crown never changes their ending...the summer is about the ride, and timing is everything. every change and addition should be paced to take you to the end. how boring the summer would be if the shows stayed the same the whole time.

oh its absolutely going to stay like that... since crown never changes their ending...the summer is about the ride, and timing is everything. every change and addition should be paced to take you to the end. how boring the summer would be if the shows stayed the same the whole time.

Last year's ending was changed the last half of the season (roughly). Any corps will change something if they have something they feel is better to replace it.

Last year's ending was changed the last half of the season (roughly). Any corps will change something if they have something they feel is better to replace it.

I believe the Lone Ranger or whatever his name is added a dash of sarcasm and wit to his comment!

It'll change, and only for the better!

There has to be a crown in this show somewhere! It'll get in there!

Oh, just to add in something, does anyone else catch the little teaser of the 2006 In.Trance.It show in the closing moments of the show? If not, you should go back and listen to it! MAKES ME CHEER just watching little clips!

Oh, just to add in something, does anyone else catch the little teaser of the 2006 In.Trance.It show in the closing moments of the show? If not, you should go back and listen to it! MAKES ME CHEER just watching little clips!

I hear it too. It makes me smile. :)

From the posts I am reading - you guys are all looking at this from a pure musical standpoint, And Crowns show like Cavaliers is all very visual and story based.

If you look at the beginning of their show with the Corps featured sprawling the field and the guard in the left endzone with their GREEN flags - it is showing the Grass being greener side 1. The cyclone/ transition then takes over the show and propels most of the rest of the journey. By the end - that same musical/ and visual transfer happens and takes them back to the original statment with the guard now TOTALLY on the other side of the field in brighter yellow flags. TOTAL package deal tying the show title/ concept/ music together. And then in final seconds you have the one solo guard member sprinting to the far backfield to push the conecpt even more while the rest of the corps and guard finishes up front in the faces. This is what generates the big GE scores and will succeed them well over this season.

YES! I am so glad someone else noticed! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: