The Erie Conspiracy

Lets just see the recaps before you all get too excited! I would bet that one judge had a lot to do with this!

Yeah, maybe not. :worthy: :worthy:

Looks like there was pretty close to consensus from the judging panel tonight.

Personally I don't see how any reasonable person can watch those two shows and claim that one is absolutely superior to the other. I've only seen fan network, but they both appear fantastic to me.

Edited by jwscv87

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on folks, like Seinfeld said....."Look to the cookie!" :worthy:

HAAAHAAA...One of my favorite episodes. Nice joke bomb there. Marco...

For some reason, I don't see that happening...

I'd be really surprised if it didn't. Why wouldn't Cadet's congratulate Crown? I bet many of them are friends.

Anyway...congrats to Crown....it looks like it's going to be a great season.

Peace,

CuriousMe

Wow, 20 pages of griping, politics and sniping.

This applies to most. If you're going to make a one sentence negative STATEMENT about another corps, don't bother posting. If you're going to say, "NO WAY THIS CORPS SHOULD HAVE WON" or "NO WAY THAT CRAP SHOW WILL GO UNDEFEATED" ... back it up

Speaking in absolutes only makes you look like a dolt little dilettante. I think it's fair to say that I've slammed just about every corps still alive, but I do it the right way. Make a point, back it up with an educated opinion.

Example: Cadets new changes to their show has put them over the top. I feel they are moving in the right direction from a design standpoint however, I realize they are still trying to push the volume in the hornline and that is causing quality issues. This may have caused the loss tonight due to the freshness of the changes and the fact that they're still getting their road legs and chops. Beyond that, I think the arrangements are hack and slash and not to my taste. Overall, an excellent corps that will fair well and probably overtake Crown in the long run provided Crown sits back with what they have and just cleans. Crown still has transition issues and some of the arranging is also hack and slash by design (which is far different from what HNC is doing). The drill is still quite dirty and needs a few rewrites, but judging by how they handled themselves in that department the last couple of years .... I think they will continue to push Cadets and hopefully the two corps will feed off competing with one another so we all get big treats in Indy. Finally, I'm not happy with either corps yet, but they're both heading the right way. I have no comment on the devils because I don't see them overhauling the entire show just to make me happy. That's my 3 horse race for the title and none of them have my favorite show on the field.

Now was that so hard? Basically, don't be lazy and people won't flame you. If some punk doesn't have the cognitive ability to post something other than "This is BS, DCI is stupid and your corps SUX" ...... please don't give their thoughts any merit by responding to them.

We word things somewhat carefully because we know the kids, staff, directors, judges and even DCI officials read this site. They do listen from time to time. If you use your brain you might even have an impact on some of those people and the programs on the field. Think first before you post.

That is all ......

Edited by supersop

This applies to most. If you're going to make a one sentence negative STATEMENT about another corps, don't bother posting. If you're going to say, "NO WAY THIS CORPS SHOULD HAVE WON" or "NO WAY THAT CRAP SHOW WILL GO UNDEFEATED" ... back it up

Speaking in absolutes only makes you look like a dolt little dilettante. I think it's fair to say that I've slammed just about every corps still alive, but I do it the right way. Make a point, back it up with an educated opinion.

Example: Cadets new changes to their show has put them over the top. I feel they are moving in the right direction from a design standpoint however, I realize they are still trying to push the volume in the hornline and that is causing quality issues. This may have caused the loss tonight due to the freshness of the changes and the fact that they're still getting their road legs and chops. Beyond that, I think the arrangements are hack and slash and not to my taste. Overall, an excellent corps that will fair well and probably overtake Crown in the long run provided Crown sits back with what they have and just cleans. Crown still has transition issues and some of the arranging is also hack and slash by design (which is far different from what HNC is doing). The drill is still quite dirty and needs a few rewrites, but judging by how they handled themselves in that department the last couple of years .... I think they will continue to push Cadets and hopefully the two corps will feed off competing with one another so we all get big treats in Indy. Finally, I'm not happy with either corps yet, but they're both heading the right way. I have no comment on the devils because I don't see them overhauling the entire show just to make me happy. That's my 3 horse race for the title and none of them have my favorite show on the field.

Now was that so hard? Basically, don't be lazy and people won't flame you. If some punk doesn't have the cognitive ability to post something other than "This is BS, DCI is stupid and your corps SUX" ...... please don't give their thoughts any merit by responding to them.

We word things somewhat carefully because we know the kids, staff, directors, judges and even DCI officials read this sight. They do listen from time to time. If you use your brain you might even have an impact on some of those people. Think first before you post.

That is all ......

:worthy:

Great post.

P.S. - I absolutely love your '89 Madison show, particularly the opener...great stuff!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

:worthy:

Great post.

P.S. - I absolutely love your '89 Madison show, particularly the opener...great stuff!

Make is Praise Glorious was pretty sweet :D Thanks for the props. I just wish they had picked better camera angles for certain shots of that tune :P

I have to agree with supersop about what he is trying to say.

Obviously with my screenname you can tell that I am a huge BD fan. I have been a fan since I first saw them live back in 1988. Over the years though I have enjoyed other corps and their shows equally as much. Last year I was at finals and after Phantom and BD got done I looked at my buddies who I was there with and said, "Honestly I don't care who wins, because this has been the best night of drum corps I have ever seen." Phantom was great, BD was great, Cavies were great, Crown, Cadets all the way down to Madison in 12th. It was an incredible night of drum corps and to take anything away from those kids on the field would be a disgrace.

Who knows who will end up with the title on August 8th! It is still a month away. All I know is the journey to get there will be an amazing ride for all of us no matter what corps your a fan of. San Antonio will just be the beginning to several weeks of intense competition. Best of luck to all the corps and their fans and most of all DO IT UP DEVILS!!

From the Holy Name Cadets history website (www.theholynamecadets.org) posted JUNE 24, 2009

I have a little story I’d like to share. Last year in Bloomington at the DCI Compeitions, I happened to be outside the stadium as the ageouts from all the DCI corps were assembling by their entry gate for the ceremony that was about to be held to honor them. Something immediately drew my attention. Most of the members of the various corps were clustered together; Cavaliers here, Blue Devils there,..same for Phantom, Blue Coats…in fact, it was that way for almost every corps, with one exception: The Cadets and Crown were in a mixed cluster, all intermingled; laughing, talking, exchanging cell phone numbers... It kind of blew my mind. Not that corps-to-corps friendships are all that unusual, nor is staying in a tight group with other members of your corps who you had just spent some very important years of your life with, but I thought that the interaction I was observing between the Cadets and Crown was kind of special. If you recall, at the beginning of the 2008 season the Cadets were beating Crown pretty regularly, then the tide turned and Crown took the lead right up to and including the championships. Both corps left it on the field however. I was truly impressed. This year, once again, both corps are at each other on the field , but I’m told, and I hope I was given good information (which I believe I was) that both corps are still leaving it on the field, and that they respect and sincerely like each other both as corps and as individuals. When you go on DCP it’s very easy to get just the opposite idea. Some (repeat some...not all) of the fans, and parents, and alumni. on both sides of the fence, understandably are very partisan in their comments, sometimes with an anti-the-other- corps bite to them. I’m a Cadet. Alumnus. Of course my loyalty and support is 100% maroon. But like our 2008 and 2009 Holy Name Cadets, I have nothing but respect and admiration for Crown. I believe most Cadets and Cadet Alumni feel that way. I hope they know that. FHNSAB…

From the Holy Name Cadets history website (www.theholynamecadets.org) posted JUNE 24, 2009

I have a little story I’d like to share. Last year in Bloomington at the DCI Compeitions, I happened to be outside the stadium as the ageouts from all the DCI corps were assembling by their entry gate for the ceremony that was about to be held to honor them. Something immediately drew my attention. Most of the members of the various corps were clustered together; Cavaliers here, Blue Devils there,..same for Phantom, Blue Coats…in fact, it was that way for almost every corps, with one exception: The Cadets and Crown were in a mixed cluster, all intermingled; laughing, talking, exchanging cell phone numbers... It kind of blew my mind. Not that corps-to-corps friendships are all that unusual, nor is staying in a tight group with other members of your corps who you had just spent some very important years of your life with, but I thought that the interaction I was observing between the Cadets and Crown was kind of special. If you recall, at the beginning of the 2008 season the Cadets were beating Crown pretty regularly, then the tide turned and Crown took the lead right up to and including the championships. Both corps left it on the field however. I was truly impressed. This year, once again, both corps are at each other on the field , but I’m told, and I hope I was given good information (which I believe I was) that both corps are still leaving it on the field, and that they respect and sincerely like each other both as corps and as individuals. When you go on DCP it’s very easy to get just the opposite idea. Some (repeat some...not all) of the fans, and parents, and alumni. on both sides of the fence, understandably are very partisan in their comments, sometimes with an anti-the-other- corps bite to them. I’m a Cadet. Alumnus. Of course my loyalty and support is 100% maroon. But like our 2008 and 2009 Holy Name Cadets, I have nothing but respect and admiration for Crown. I believe most Cadets and Cadet Alumni feel that way. I hope they know that. FHNSAB…

:worthy: Thanks for posting this!