Vanguard Ending Opinions

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The other concern of having no soft ending for SCV 2009 is that there is really no other impact point rather than the company front. I think strong/loud ending would be more appropriate for the "in-your-face" type of show.

One of the strongest closing movement, in my opinion, would be the Phantom Regiment's 2003 show- Harmonic Journey.

Totally agree with that! I workout to that show I get so PUMPED!

Prior to 83 SCV - and how much I love this show - what are other examples of corps doing a "soft" ending?

Good question. I can't think of any off the top of my head, although I have to believe there are some.

i liked it. i was stunned that there was MORE :unhappy: it brought me down from that company front high and gently landed me on a pillowy soft pile of amazingness. two thumbs up.

Totally agree with that! I workout to that show I get so PUMPED!

OMG!!! Me too!

OMG!!! Me too!

It is 11.5 minutes of MASSIVE workout bliss!

Cadets 87

Heh...."prior" means before....83 SCV was, in fact, the first of the big boys to do a soft ending at Finals (smaller corps had done it previously, I think).

My only issue with 09 SCV is it's a little TOO 87 Garfield-ish...but I trust SCV to make it work regardless.

Heh...."prior" means before....83 SCV was, in fact, the first of the big boys to do a soft ending at Finals (smaller corps had done it previously, I think).

My only issue with 09 SCV is it's a little TOO 87 Garfield-ish...but I trust SCV to make it work regardless.

With SCV going the 87 Garfield route this year, how much I would LOVE to see SCV win finals by .1 over Cadets

Disclaimer: I marched 87 SCV ;)

But maybe we need shows like 09 SCV to remind us of the past great shows sometimes...