"We are already over it" after something just happens

i dont even know who i was trying to help from getting bombarded by posters

help yourself and go to bed.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what i dont get is your arguing with me but im not the one that said the words.

Edited by Silver_King

Hope I don't get flamed for this, but I don't find Crown's show all that interesting. The music just doesn't pull me in. Sure there are some interesting moments, and the final push is incredible, but I just can't wrap myself around this show.

I am in no way a "Crown hater". I've always enjoy Crown shows, way back since Jekyll and Hyde in '99. Hopefully I can pull myself into the show this season.

I'm by no means a Crown basher (#2 in my signature for a reason). Their hornline is arguably one of the best in the DCI, IMO. Same can be said of their color guard. I loved Triple Crown in 07 (thought it should've beat Cavies) and felt Finis in 08 was also a top 3 production. I say that to illustrate that I don't mind when they beat the Cadets (#1 in my signature for a reason), because this year, I just don't get it.

I've seen them live once and on line as well and I'm just not getting where the judges are getting their scores. That's not to say that they aren't better than HNC at the moment, but I don't see how the spreads are where they are. That's just me. I'm not a judge.

My only real criticism is that I feel their productions rely too much on past achievements of other corps. I know that's not something exclusive to them. Corps "boost" stuff from other corps all the time. A musical chart, a drill move, a gimmick, etc. To me it just seems like it's become Crown's MO. They get away with it because they are genius at packaging it in a unique "concept". As I said before, 07 and 08 I bought into.

09, not as much.

That having been said, I wish those kids the best of luck this summer.

Friendly advice from Mr. Know It All here. Now watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat...

But that trick never works!

Rocky in Vegas

Seriously, if Carolina Crown fans want their corps to be consistently on the same level as The Cadets, Cavaliers, and Blue Devils you better get used to criticism really really quick.

The cost of being the best drum corps in the world is that people will be a lot more vocal about their criticisms.

Nobody gets too critical of the 8th best drum corps in the world because they are "just" the 8th best drum corps in the world.

i totally agree- BD and Cavies in particular don't get a lot of love on here- i guess the one exception seems to be Phantom- seems like when they are winning or on top it's a DCP love-fest around here (much deserved- i was at finals- it was awesome)... any thoughts on why?

Crown- easier. better executed right now.

Cadets and BD- more difficult. better executed come that special sat. in august.

Crown is going to peak. I think about san antonio-atlanta-ish.

Will they win one of those shows?

Yes.

Both.

Maybe.

And then all the crownies will be shiting themselves and be even more insufferable than they are right now.

They will get beat come finals week and then we'll have to spend the next year hearing from Hrothgar and all the other crownies about how they should have won and they will take themselves to new levels of insufferability.

And I was also thinking about this the other day. DCI needs Crown to win.

I think they understand that the activity got stagnant with only 3 winners and needed some new champions.

Hence your 2008 champion, Phantom Regiment.

DCI needs new blood at the top.

Hence Crown popping an 85 in late june/ early july.

It helps them sell tickets.

Now, this is not to say 08 Phantom and 09 Crown aren't good. They are. But not champion drum corps in my opinion.

And to echo a previous comment: Drum corps IS really well executed marching band. Always has been (at least since the birth of modern drum corps in the early 80s), always will be.

Crown- easier. better executed right now.

Cadets and BD- more difficult. better executed come that special sat. in august.

Crown is going to peak. I think about san antonio-atlanta-ish.

Will they win one of those shows?

Yes.

Both.

Maybe.

And then all the crownies will be shiting themselves and be even more insufferable than they are right now.

They will get beat come finals week and then we'll have to spend the next year hearing from Hrothgar and all the other crownies about how they should have won and they will take themselves to new levels of insufferability.

And I was also thinking about this the other day. DCI needs Crown to win.

I think they understand that the activity got stagnant with only 3 winners and needed some new champions.

Hence your 2008 champion, Phantom Regiment.

DCI needs new blood at the top.

Hence Crown popping an 85 in late june/ early july.

It helps them sell tickets.

Now, this is not to say 08 Phantom and 09 Crown aren't good. They are. But not champion drum corps in my opinion.

And to echo a previous comment: Drum corps IS really well executed marching band. Always has been (at least since the birth of modern drum corps in the early 80s), always will be.

i agree with all cept the phantom thing lol, not to sound biased, but i think they deserved it, but thats ur opinion i respect it :worthy: but i still think they deserved it :worthy:

i agree with all cept the phantom thing lol, not to sound biased, but i think they deserved it, but thats ur opinion i respect it :worthy: but i still think they deserved it :smile:

Amazing. We CAN respect each others opinions on DCP. :cool:

You, sir, are a winner. :worthy:

My only real criticism is that I feel their productions rely too much on past achievements of other corps. I know that's not something exclusive to them. Corps "boost" stuff from other corps all the time. A musical chart, a drill move, a gimmick, etc. To me it just seems like it's become Crown's MO. They get away with it because they are genius at packaging it in a unique "concept". As I said before, 07 and 08 I bought into.

09, not as much.

you read my mind. this is my biggest gripe (and those who i've spoken to privately can attest to it) with the corps. i'm glad to know that i'm not the only one who sees them as the "Carolina Copycats."

if i could liken them to popular literature, Carolina Crown is the drum corps equivalent of J.K. Rowling. she has masterfully taken themes, characters, and scenes from tons of other sources and woven them into the Harry Potter series. now they have the hype and fans to propel them to the front and center of every conversation on DCP. it may be great material to use, but it's not original.

the designers at crown, especially the past few years, have lacked imagination and have borrowed all the remnants, scraps, notions, and ideas leftover by the corps that have paved the path in front of them. i would appreciate their hard work more if they were doing their own thing rather than remixing everyone else's past.

not to mention i think they need to have a few years of higher placement before they actually get a championship.

:worthy: