Early season peak

Now that the season has been 2-3 weeks in, who has peaked? Who is peakimg? Who is still climbing to the summit? Scores lately have flattened for a few of the corps and have not seen a significant or steady improvement over the last week. Causes: Show design? Concept? Execution? Chime in your opinion.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the season has been 2-3 weeks in, who has peaked? Who is peakimg? Who is still climbing to the summit? Scores lately have flattened for a few of the corps and have not seen a significant or steady improvement over the last week. Causes: Show design? Concept? Execution? Chime in your opinion.

I wouldn't worry about Blue Stars peaking before August.

Many corps have just finished the first big wave of re-writes and changes, so most corps now have to clean new drill/work etc. This week we'll probably see a steady increase up into San Antonio before everyone gets knocked down again.

By definition, a Corps that " has peaked " is a Corps whose scores are either flat lined for the year, or will go down from here on in. I don't see any evidence that ANY Corps is in this mode. Corps are getting feedback on their shows from judges and are engaged in various amounts of changes, rewrites, and so forth. Some Corps ultimately will be seen to have peaked before Indianapolis, while others will hit their stride in Indianapolis. But I just think it's still way to early to know which Corps might peak too soon and which Corps will peak just at the right time which will be in Indianapolis.

By definition, a Corps that " has peaked " is a Corps whose scores are either flat lined for the year, or will go down from here on in. I don't see any evidence that ANY Corps is in this mode. Corps are getting feedback on their shows from judges and are engaged in various amounts of changes, rewrites, and so forth. Some Corps ultimately will be seen to have peaked before Indianapolis, while others will hit their stride in Indianapolis. But I just think it's still way to early to know which Corps might peak too soon and which Corps will peak just at the right time which will be in Indianapolis.

yep!

What he said!

yeah, August of 2002 when Boston did that show the first time.

Whatever your poisonous tone refers to is lost on me. I was actually responding to the thread topic. Are you making the same put down comments about SVC because Appellation Spring has been done before? Blue Stars show is unique in too many ways to mention, if you can't see that then you might want to consider taking your blinders off, you're missing a lot of good drum corps. My point was that Blue Stars just got done with huge closer re-writes that by all accounts improve the show but is currently quite dirty due to very high demand. Corps that have a lot of cleaning to do at this point in the season are in good tactical shape. Corps that are performing a clean product at this point would be advised not to make the mistake of assuming they can sit back and ride a wave into finals.

Edited by BozzlyB

Whatever your poisonous tone refers to is lost on me. I was actually responding to the thread topic. Are you making the same put down comments about SVC because Appellation Springs has been done before? Blue Stars show is unique in too many ways to mention, if you can't see that then you might want to consider taking your blinders off, you're missing a lot of good drum corps. My point was that Blue Stars just got done with huge closer re-writes that by all accounts improve the show but is currently quite dirty due to very high demand. Corps that have a lot of cleaning to do at this point in the season are in good tactical shape. Corps that are performing a clean product at this point would be advised not to make the mistake of assuming they can sit back and ride a wave into finals.

Sorry, I couldn't resist, but Appellation Springs sounds like a great name for a nighttime soap opera. Perhaps you mean Appalachian Spring? :tongue:

Whatever your poisonous tone refers to is lost on me. I was actually responding to the thread topic. Are you making the same put down comments about SVC because Appellation Spring has been done before? Blue Stars show is unique in too many ways to mention, if you can't see that then you might want to consider taking your blinders off, you're missing a lot of good drum corps. My point was that Blue Stars just got done with huge closer re-writes that by all accounts improve the show but is currently quite dirty due to very high demand. Corps that have a lot of cleaning to do at this point in the season are in good tactical shape. Corps that are performing a clean product at this point would be advised not to make the mistake of assuming they can sit back and ride a wave into finals.

fixed :tongue: