Up to date scores...

boston really is creeping up on phantom there....that would be awesome for them to take down the defending champs.

I agree, I want to see boston pull something good, besides phantom doesnt even sound like they did last year in my view (even though they are yankee's)(haha)(I made a funny)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I want to see boston pull something good, besides phantom doesnt even sound like they did last year in my view (even though they are yankee's)(haha)(I made a funny)

Good thread, given all the rainouts. I have to confess to being a little bit out of the loop this season. Mostly due to discovering Mafia Wars, I suspect. :thumbdown:

Which corps have been off for a few days? Someone REALLY OCD could post the shows and dates the scores are from...I get into that sort of analysis! Thanks.

01 Blue Devils- 88.85

02 Cavaliers- 87.80

03 Santa Clara Vanguard- 85.50

04 Carolina Crown- 84.95

05 Holy Name Cadets- 84.60

06 Bluecoats- 84.0

07 Phantom Regiment- 81.9

08 Blue Knights- 80.90

09 Boston Crusaders- 80.40

10 Blue Stars- 79.0

11 Glassmen- 78.1

12 Troopers- 76.20

13Colts-75.95

14 Madison Scouts- 74.55

15 Spirit- 74.35

16 The Academy- 73.150

17 Mandarins- 71.70

18 Pacific Crest- 71.40

19 Crossmen- 71.30

20 Jersey Surf- 69.80

21 Cascades- 66.75

22 Pioneer- 66.50

(Drums Along the Pacific, LA 7/12/09)

Edited by skajerk

boston really is creeping up on phantom there....that would be awesome for them to take down the defending champs.

They aren't the only corps doing so. :laughing:

Honestly....people Phantom hasn't had a show in a while. They are cleaning their show and working their butts off. Phantom is one of the best corps out there. Last year was amazing. Don't be ridiculous by saying that Boston will beat them. They may be close now, but they won't later. Come finals, Phantom will be top 3 again. We all know it.

I love Boston, but we all know it wont happen. Last year Phantom won DCI. Boston got 8th.

Just wait, you'll see.

Honestly....people Phantom hasn't had a show in a while. They are cleaning their show and working their butts off. Phantom is one of the best corps out there. Last year was amazing. Don't be ridiculous by saying that Boston will beat them. They may be close now, but they won't later. Come finals, Phantom will be top 3 again. We all know it.

I love Boston, but we all know it wont happen. Last year Phantom won DCI. Boston got 8th.

Just wait, you'll see.

Never say never, or just may eat your words. I think the most appropriate description of this year (or any for that matter) is that anything can happen.

Just wait, you'll see.

Actually, Boston got 10th last year... and they could easily get 10th again this year.... but that doesn't mean they're not good by any means. I think all the corps get a little better every year..... and this year it seems that corps which placed 8th-11th last year have really improved and narrowed the gap a little between them and the outstanding "top 7."

As for everyone "knowing" that Phantom will be top 3 again... I don't think so. I am as big a fan of Regiment as there is, but for them to place that high this year, they are going to have to tremendously improve and beat at least three of the following corps: Cadets, Cavaliers, Blue Devils, Crown, Vanguard. That will be no small feat.... I'm not saying it won't happen, but most people seem to think this is not a Regiment year.

Actually, Boston got 10th last year... and they could easily get 10th again this year.... but that doesn't mean they're not good by any means. I think all the corps get a little better every year..... and this year it seems that corps which placed 8th-11th last year have really improved and narrowed the gap a little between them and the outstanding "top 7."

As for everyone "knowing" that Phantom will be top 3 again... I don't think so. I am as big a fan of Regiment as there is, but for them to place that high this year, they are going to have to tremendously improve and beat at least three of the following corps: Cadets, Cavaliers, Blue Devils, Crown, Vanguard. That will be no small feat.... I'm not saying it won't happen, but most people seem to think this is not a Regiment year.

Ahh sorry for the mistake, I thought they placed 8th.

Anyway, if this year is not a Regiment year, then it is a BD year. Crown will get screwed again because their the "New kid around the block". Other than Crown, I don't see any other corps taking it. If Phantom really is around 6th place come finals we can all expect another BD win.

Anyway, if this year is not a Regiment year, then it is a BD year. Crown will get screwed again because their the "New kid around the block". Other than Crown, I don't see any other corps taking it. If Phantom really is around 6th place come finals we can all expect another BD win.

Just don't forget that they also have to compete with Cadets, SCV, and Cavies. That's a pretty tall order for anyone, even BD.

When did they get screwed?