The Impressive Tenor Stumble from Early 2000s

Hey Spike, would you know the story about a huge trainwreck in Rome, NY? I remember hearing once about a pile-up, and it might have been in the years you marched...

That wasn't one of my years but I believe it happened at some point between 93-95. I remember hearing something about that. Pretty hideous. I think it may have been 1993. That SCV Corps was so young and the drill and music was so challenging. They struggled all summer.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happen to have the general effect judges tape from the 1998 Allentown show where the snare drummer ate it. The moment goes like this:

Judge:

"Great job with the staging in this moment and I can tell... OH! OH!... OH! NO! Oh, God... One of your drummers has taken a terrible tumble. Oh, dear! He looks alright. I hate it when that happens... It also appears to have stolen the steam from your opening impact as all eyes are drawn to the poor kid scrambling to get back in the drum line... Oh, such a shame."

I happen to have the general effect judges tape from the 1998 Allentown show where the snare drummer ate it. The moment goes like this:

Judge:

"Great job with the staging in this moment and I can tell... OH! OH!... OH! NO! Oh, God... One of your drummers has taken a terrible tumble. Oh, dear! He looks alright. I hate it when that happens... It also appears to have stolen the steam from your opening impact as all eyes are drawn to the poor kid scrambling to get back in the drum line... Oh, such a shame."

Yep -- that's pretty much what we were saying in the stands, too :devil:

yeah i rememebr watching it saying "i hope they dont change that in Orlando, it'd be cool if it worked"

yeah i rememebr watching it saying "i hope they dont change that in Orlando, it'd be cool if it worked"

Didn't change it. That night was a bit of a fluke. It never happened again.

Just saw it on google video, anyways, looks like it mightve hurt a bit and tenors flew quite aways, how much do tenors weigh? I know their not light just from unloading out band trailer after contests

Just saw it on google video, anyways, looks like it mightve hurt a bit and tenors flew quite aways, how much do tenors weigh? I know their not light just from unloading out band trailer after contests

Are you talking about the Magic tumble?