A Sad Day for Austin Stars

Due to unexpected circumstances, Austin Stars will be inactive as a competitive drum corps for the remainder of the 2009 drum corps season.

We will not be sending any ensembles to Rochester, as was originally planned. However, we will be putting together a brass and percussion ensemble this winter to perform locally and will be refocusing our attention on recruiting and increasing financial stability so that we can bring the best product to the field when all is ready.

The Austin Stars Performing Arts Association and the Austin Stars Drum Corps want to thank DCA and the drum corps community for your support.

Edited by StarsRecruiter

Aggg, bad news indeed. Very sorry to hear that.

I think focusing on financial stability is a very good move, though. Kudos.

Dang....

But yes, making sure you're still around in the future is more important than killing yourself just to make the current year.

So sorry to hear that....

Best of luck to you for next season.

To the Austin Stars,

I'm sorry that your season has taken a turn for the worse, I wish you all the best of luck in returning to the field in 2010.

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys, in the future, y'all were very impressive last season with the few horns you had.

Sometimes its best to watch out for the future rather than living in the moment. Good luck guys.

Edited for clarity

Edited by JoshKegley

a tough but smart decision. we wish you the best of luck!

Now I'm sad.

Getem next year guys.

The saddest thing is that we had the numbers and everything was in place... and then... *poof* it all disappeared.

Changes are coming, and changes, though sometimes frightening, can sometimes be a very good thing if they are made the right way and for the right reason to do the right thing.

Again, thanks for all the support.