so, do the Blue Stars have the longevity?

The Blue Stars have always maintained that standard of excellence set forth by the corps founders. Even in the years when membership was below 60 the corps was always in the hunt for a championship.

If they can keep their great staff in place, then I don't see why they can't continue their momentum. They have people who know what it takes to win. From what I've heard, their administration is fantastic...Fantastic administrations are usually quite adept at keeping a fantastic staff in place. This is a pretty young corps. Hopefully, their success this year will convince these kids that they can accomplish whatever they want with the Stars. If they can retain membership, things could be quite interesting for them in the next 3 years or so.

I have watched this corps get stronger every year since I first became involved in 2005 and what a special ride it has been a privledge to been a part of. I think in 2006 and 2007 the corps was in a very fragile situation still. The corps has began to mature and grow out of the molds of division II/III since 2007. As far as the administration goes, this corps has one of the most talented and involved BOD's I have ever seen. They have really stepped up and done some great things to ensure the future of this corps. I see a consistent placing of 5-9 at the least and setting the sights higher.

Edited by ScottPREuph

If they can keep their great staff in place, then I don't see why they can't continue their momentum. They have people who know what it takes to win. From what I've heard, their administration is fantastic...Fantastic administrations are usually quite adept at keeping a fantastic staff in place. This is a pretty young corps. Hopefully, their success this year will convince these kids that they can accomplish whatever they want with the Stars. If they can retain membership, things could be quite interesting for them in the next 3 years or so.

This exactly. With Brad at the wheel building a team that works well together and truely believes in the Blue Star traditions, work ethic and family atmosphere, I believe we are bound to continue to succeed. If I had a million bucks right now I'd give it to the stars. That is how much I believe in the admin and staff of this corps. It is a team of winners, and not just on the playing field.

The Blue Stars have always maintained that standard of excellence set forth by the corps founders. Even in the years when membership was below 60 the corps was always in the hunt for a championship.

Very well said Jeremy :tongue:

-Amy

FCO!

Edited by bsPitChick

The Blue Stars have everything in place to keep climbing. Obviously, they are getting to a level where it is harder and harder to continue to move up, but if the maintain their staff, add to the staff where it makes sense and they will continue to get better. They do have a talented administrative group. As long as they can continue to meet the financial challenges presented all world class corps, there is no reason they cannot be a championship challenger in a few years,

Well, at least there's one person( me ) that doesn't think it's an automatic that this year or in the next couple of years that the Carolina Crown will beat the Blue Devils. I mean it COULD happen. I just wouldn't bet the farm on it, that's all.

What does this have to do with the longevity of excellence these two corps could/will have near or at the top? There's still a lot of season my friend. :tongue:

Yes. Anything's possible. Cadets and Cavies, while not falling to Div3, fell way back in Div1 and after years of obscurity came back to better their earlier runs and win it several times apiece, so anything's possible. You can't take anything for granted, either way, though. Consistency, and slow steady growth that persuades your veterans to stick around and persuades kids in peer corps to see you as a destination corps to audition for works better than lightning rises that cause management to roll the dice (not naming names, but you know who you are, or were).

I just watched the Blue Stars VOD from last night and boy, do they have room to grow their score. Their show is great and still somewhat dirty. After Saturday's show they do not compete again until Thursday night. I understand some of the top dogs will be in to work the show next week. I cannot wait to see what they look like in Atlanta. My guess is a great deal cleaner and showing some bigger impact points. I would not bet that the Blue Stars cannot keep their current position and maybe even climb another notch this year.