My DCA 2009 Prediction

I also predict there will be a major, major shake-up in the top 5. It's not hype, it's not wishing...

I think there will be some HUGE surprises come September. The writing is on the wall, but it seems as if it has gone somewhat unnoticed - which makes it even better.

Mark my words!

:whistle:

I agree... but I don't think we are thinking about the same corps... :spitting:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also predict there will be a major, major shake-up in the top 5. It's not hype, it's not wishing...

I think there will be some HUGE surprises come September. The writing is on the wall, but it seems as if it has gone somewhat unnoticed - which makes it even better.

Mark my words!

:spitting:

I, everyone else and their mommas, have as their top five, Cabs, Hurcs, Bucs, Empire and MBI (not necessarily in that order). And if the Hurcs are able to beat Empire and Cabs this weekend, the only hope I see left of unseating the Bucs this year will come from MBI. Don't see any writing on any wall to convince me otherwise. Bottom line is, the top contenders may see one another 2-3 times MAX in the month of August. In my halcyon years, the top contenders would perhaps meet 5-6 times in the month. There is simply not enough time for the classic August run. Seems as though the August run has been replaced by the June run, cause if your corps ain't ready to go from day one, your pretty much toast. Edited by VOReason

i predict as always whoever has the highest score wins.

if thats announced wrong, blame the tabulator

believe it or not that did happen on more then one occasion

believe it or not that did happen on more then one occasion

oh, i know

It is hard for any corps to have a shot with an ever changing judging system. Just keep working hard and more importantly, ENJOY your HOBBY! Try not to let scores, judges, competition, who got screwed so on and so forth eat your lunch. Do the best you can and let the administration deal with the numbers on the sheets. Have a good summer all.

It is hard for any corps to have a shot with an ever changing judging system. Just keep working hard and more importantly, ENJOY your HOBBY! Try not to let scores, judges, competition, who got screwed so on and so forth eat your lunch. Do the best you can and let the administration deal with the numbers on the sheets. Have a good summer all.

what does that mean. it's all about scores and competition. and i don't understand what you mean about the changing judging system. true you have to have fun. i get that but the rest of what you said???? you have to deal with the numbers on the sheet because you are on the field creating them. i mean the shows are competition. i personally would never be in an alumni corps . i did it for the competition.

And don't forget, some of us *are* staffers. The numbers are extremely important to tell us how best to modify our instruction to address deficiencies in performance.

If you're on this side of the ball, numbers are very important.

I agree, I loved the competition. However, it's still fun to play (most of the time). Also, don't kid yourself, Alumni corps are competitive, just not judged. You know who smoked who. :blink:

well i don't know what you mean by competitive. anyway i just mean that for me i need a venue that i can get hard numbers and placings to validate my performance. i know others like the alumni experiance and there is nothing wrong with that. in fact i enjoy their shows from back in the day more then the corps competing today. but then i'm an old fart and some will tell you i'm incapable of change.

well, when we do a standstill or concert with other alumni Corps, you still strive to do your best show and be the best corps there. Whoever gets the most standing ovations wins. At least that's our mindset. In a way, that's still competing.