Jersey Surf's 2nd Tour

So Jersey Surf heads out tonight to begin their 2nd tour! How does everyone think their 2nd tour headin' towards Championships will go? Their first show of this tour is at Murfreesboro, I wish them all the luck in the world! :D

Surf's Up!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Jersey Surf heads out tonight to begin their 2nd tour! How does everyone think their 2nd tour headin' towards Championships will go? Their first show of this tour is at Murfreesboro, I wish them all the luck in the world! :D

Surf's Up!!!!!!!!!

are they out till. INDY now ?

not fair to full time touring corps like pioneer.

go pioneer !!!

I think they'll be back in the mix with PC and Mandarins

2nd tour used to be the way it was.

1st tour was local shows, circuit championships and a regional or two (World Open, American International Open, DCE, E-Mass in the East; DCM in the Midwest...ODCA in Canada...FAMQ in Quebec...and the California/Pacific Northwest Circuit)

2nd tour was the trek to DCI...and it was RARE to see the big dogs banging heads until 2nd tour...at DCI East, DCI South, DCI Canada, DATR, and US Open.

oh...and there were a lot more corps then.

US Open was a 3-day event with A/A60 prelims on Friday, Finals on Saturday and Open Finals on Sunday.

Jersey Surf is "doin' it old-school."

To supplement the lack of East Coast shows, dca gave them a performance opportunity in front of the big crowd in New Jersey during 1st tour...and they got to sleep in their own beds and mom and dad were at the show. Nice.

And DCI gives Minnesota Brass and Kilties performance opportunities in the Midwest.

And DCI gives Alliance, Music City Legend and CorpsVets the same in the South.

And DCI gives Renegades, SoCal and Anaheim Kingsmen the same out West.

Nothing like a little cooperation between circuits.

And when Minnesota, CorpsVets, Renegades, Kilties, MCL and Alliance come to Rochester...even without doing the "full slate" of dca shows...they will compete on a level playing field for the World Championship.

It's called DOING THE BEST YOU CAN WITH WHAT YOU HAVE!

Sounds fair to me.

Edited by wishbonecav

I think they'll be competiton for academy, crossmen, and spirit. There show design has great potential.

Well, I haven't even seen their show and I will put them in the competition with Spirit. I mean there isn't many placements left but "whateva man" and welcome to D1 Surf! :doh: