COLTS GET THE SHAFT

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

bmroth1:

Please stop. You're making the corps look bad. Please do not take to this public forum to whine about the judges decisions. It's not at all how corps moms should act. You are setting a poor example and the Colts Staff and Members keep the competition ON the field not online. Please show them respect by doing the same.

Again, please stop. Less whining, more rehearsing.

Thank you.

First of all I'm not a corps mom. Secondly I don't represent the Colts. But if I am comming off as whinning then I will quit responding as that is not my intention. I can be a little brash at times and perhaps I was in the start of the topic don't mean to upset anyone now so good night to all.

Edited by bmroth1

Yeah kid if you are only 19 I am in shock!! I follow corps pretty closely. Particularly the Colts this year since my daughter marches with them and I must say.....you have given the most accurate assessment of them I have read on here yet. GO MARCH NEXT YEAR!!!! GL to you.

My apologies for calling you a mom, however I do believe having a daughter march the Colts does mean you are affiliated with the organization and you should be careful with how you represent them whether or not that is your intent.

Writing all your posts to sound anti-troopers would make any casual reader wonder how much involvement you have when you are just a father...

Yes, you are allowed to have opinions, just be careful when you are affiliated with a corps.

Thank you.

Edited by Asia

My apologies for calling you a mom, however I do believe having a daughter march the Colts does mean you are affiliated with the organization and you should be careful with how you represent them whether or not that is your intention.

Writing all your posts to sound anti-troopers would make any casual reader wonder how much involvement you have when you are just a father...

Yes, you are allowed to have opinions, just be careful when you are affiliated with a corps.

Thank you.

I'm truly not anti Troopers. If my comments come off as a blast on the Troop then my apologies to them. They are having a much improved season and should be proud of everything they are doing. If the Troopers deserve to be in finals and another corps in their tier doesn't at the end of the year then so be it I'm sure it will be well deserved. Same thing would go for Madison, Spirit, Academy or any other corps in their tier. I took issue in the fact (dont' mean to repeat it again not whining just explaining) I DON'T believe the Colts should have found themselves being the only corps to drop in scores between San Antonio and Murfreesboro. Not to mention Madison Scouts being the only one to stay the same. Hard for me to believe. (not only for the Colts but the Scouts as well).

Edited by bmroth1

Please explain to me how every single World Class score goes up from San Antonio to Murfreesboro except the Colts their score went down.... (Oh sorry Madison stayed the same another Trooper competitor). Seems to me there is some #### judging going on....Can anyone guess why? Of course you can but my question is who will have the guts to say it. Oh and by the way the Colts have improved since San Antonio....but according to the judges they are the only corps out there to actually get worse. It's beyond fishy is flagrantly shameful and lends a cloud of doubt to any conclusion to the 12th spot this season.

Well, with a show called fathoms...it's most certainly going to be a little fishy.

Well, with a show called fathoms...it's most certainly going to be a little fishy.

:satisfied:

I can understand that but how come out of 20 some corps the Colts are the only ones to drop. I think their should be some more variance than that.

WHAT?? One corps' score has nothing to do with another corps score. You're saying they should have scored someone else lower just because Colts' score went down? Please get a life and stop crying conspiracy.

WHAT?? One corps' score has nothing to do with another corps score. You're saying they should have scored someone else lower just because Colts' score went down? Please get a life and stop crying conspiracy.

No, just was shocked they were the only ones that went down.

No, just was shocked they were the only ones that went down.

But they weren't the only ones. At the Van Buren competition, where the Colts received their 80.350, BK was given an 84.450. Their score at Murfreesboro? 83.450. At Monroe the Bluecoats got an 87.7, but only got an 87 tonight. So the Colts are far from alone.

This sort of thing happens all the time. The Colts got that 80.35 at a competition where their closest rivals of late, the Troopers, were absent. Then, at Murfreesboro, the Troopers went on before the Colts, and the judges gave them the same score the Colts got a couple of days earlier, 80.35. So when the Colts came on after the break and the judges decided that, for whatever reason, the Troopers were much better than the Colts that night they had nowhere to go but down. Simple as that. Scores are not absolutely comparable. They're dependent on who is at a show, who isn't, the order they perform, etc., and when these factors change some seemingly funky things can happen, but it's no conspiracy.

Edited by Rifuarian