OK what's up with Crown?

Maybe the bigger questions should be, what is up with the judging panels this year? I have never seen so many numbers going all over the place. Parody is great, but its a double edge sword as well. Me has a feeling that none of the corps is getting very good feedback due to the inconsistency.

I enjoy a good parody too!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :thumbdown:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd and fourth in guard isn't getting spanked. I already agreed about addressing the feet. Never mentioned field brass.

sure you weren't talking to someone else? I simply noted that your previous statement contradicted your signature.

i think i am right in saying, that the only guard that crown is not currently beating is the blue devils. besting cavaliers by 4 tenths tonight, and they currently have the highest guard score according to dcp.

Not sure but since he's talking about HNC and CC in the same breath, I think he means BD and Cavies are clean and their show is not getting much cleaner. So if Cadets and Crown can *get* clean they should pass these guys...... Is that right SCarolina ?? That's what I got out of that message anyway.

This is in a nutshell what I was arguing. And what sparked it were comments eluding to the idea that crown and cadets just doenst have "it" or comments saying that they cant make gains on the cleaner corps. The difficulty vs clean to early argument was where I was going with it. It just depends way too much on too many things for any of us to say some corps doesnt have it.

3rd and fourth in guard isn't getting spanked.

it is when you are arguing that you have a shot at the title.

I already agreed about addressing the feet. Never mentioned field brass.

i did. dirty feet hurt brass scores as much as anything. the topic is "what's up with crown?" my answer is: they don't march very well, and this causes them to score lower than they could. bad feet bleeds into bad brass scores, etc.

sure you weren't talking to someone else? I simply noted that your previous statement contradicted your signature.

no it doesn't. crown does well in effect without clean feet. they are being judged "correctly." clean is not effect. effect is effect.

This is in a nutshell what I was arguing. And what sparked it were comments eluding to the idea that crown and cadets just doenst have "it" or comments saying that they cant make gains on the cleaner corps. The difficulty vs clean to early argument was where I was going with it. It just depends way too much on too many things for any of us to say some corps doesnt have it.

cleaning isn't the issue.

technique is the issue. crown is pretty clean formwise. their individual marching, though, is not at a championship level.

technique is the issue. crown is pretty clean formwise. their individual marching, though, is not at a championship level.

I'm a CC parent and I thought the same thing when comparing them to BD or HNC. Clean form, dirty feet. I don't think you're picking on CC at all when you make that observation.

technique is the issue. crown is pretty clean formwise. their individual marching, though, is not yet at a championship level.

fixed that up for you !!

adding on. you know is it such a bad thing to clean feet for two weeks? clean feet fix so many other things as if by magic. two weeks of 8hr basic blocks I say !!

Edited by corpsband

Neither was Star's in 1991 ....................... just saying (and I DO LOVE YOU STAR PEOPLE!!)

yeah, but scoring in 1991 rewarded demand.

not anymore.

I hope you're arguing that judging tendencies have changed ... and not that Demand had it's own caption on the sheets.

My veiled point was simple. If you have the best show and are the best at the most captions, you'll win.

Star had 3rd in GE Brass, 2nd in GE Percussion, 2nd in GE Visual yet tied for 1st in Total GE.

They won all sub captions in brass handily, tied for 1st in percussion and were 3rd in Visual.

Might I add, the field captions were based on execution, technique, etc. Not demand.

There are other examples of where 3,2 and 2 = 1

You can be strong in GE without being the best and still win GE.

You do however need to win a couple of other captions and do well enough in your weakest area in order to win.

(unless you're just plain Godly and win all captions .... but I'm hoping that doesn't happen this year)