BD Lead: 2 Weeks to go

I consider Cavaliers and SCV closer though based on their scores last night. Tonight will be so interesting from 2nd to 5th.

There has definitely been a pattern established over the years, even decades of BD as the season front runner that is caught. Some years like 94, 97, and 2003 they are never caught, but several years they are:

1. 1988 lead for the majority of the season and were passed by Madison and SCV

2. 1995 lead for majority of the season by over two points, and were passed by Cadets and Cavies

3. 1996 lead all season and were tied by Phantom on Finals night

4. 1999 lead most of the season until very end when SCV caught them

5. 2001 early season leaders with Cavies, then passed by Cavies and tied by Cadets Finals night

6. 2008 lead all season and were caught by Phantom.

There are several other years that they were clear early season leaders - 1990 and 1992

So obviously there is a pattern established indicating that they can be caught, and the other corps know this. They surely know this as well, so they seem to have gotten better at 'saving a few tricks' until the end. This year is hard for me to call, but my gut tells me that it will at least be close by Allentown. I don't feel they have a 'run away' show like 94, 97, or 2003 IMHO.

Nice historical data.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic