Minnesota Brass and the Week of Scranton!

Minnesota Brass has started a very full week indeed as we look forward to to The Parade of Champions this weekend! The corps performed today (Sunday) in a rather hot parade in Stillwater, Minnesota. Tomorrow a bunch of us have a Board meeting. Tuesday most everyone in the corps will be attending a Minnesota Twins game together. (We sold a huge block of tickets as one of fundraisers for the trip.) Once we get all that fun stuff out of the way, everyone's focus will be on Scranton!

We rehearse Wednesday night at our usual location. We've been having a ton of local friends and fans join us this year at rehearsals and this week should be a particularly fun send off.

On Thursday we'll board the buses around 7 p.m. and enjoy a delightful early-morning visit of Chicago, Indiana and Western Ohio. We'll arrive in Pennsylvania Friday afternoon/early evening sometime. We'll likely do some light rehearsing Friday night and then get a good night's sleep.

Saturday=show day! Rehearsal at our school stadium (please stop by!) and then off to the Parade of Champions.

I'm tagging along on this trip with no official duties other than standing around, so if all goes well I can provide some updates here as the week progresses. If you aren't already a fan of the corps on facebook, you can sign up there to get updates as well.

The corps is SO EXCITED to be making this trip and very grateful to our friends at DCA and our host school for all the work they've done to make it possible.

Our hosts for the weekend are the good folks at Lacakwanna Trail Jr/Sr high School in Factoryville.

Lackawanna Trail Jr/Sr High School

PO Box 85, Tunnel Hill Road,

Factoryville, PA 18419

We'll see you soon!

Edited by MBIBari

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while at Trail, please take a moment and say a prayer for their long time band director, Jim Smith, an NJA member who recently passed away

Our hosts for the weekend are the good folks at Lacakwanna Trail Jr/Sr high School in Factoryville.

Lackawanna Trail Jr/Sr High School

PO Box 85, Tunnel Hill Road,

Factoryville, PA 18419

We'll see you soon!

Is this where you will have your "light rehearsal" on Friday evening?

If so....what time?

If not, where and when?

Looking forward to seeing you all in Scranton!!!

All my best for your safe travels!!!!

yes, we'll be rehearsing there Friday evening and Saturday. Not sure what time we'll start Friday evening, depends on the travel time/housing situation/meals/all that stuff.

Everyone come on out and watch, we like playing for people!

I recall a story from a few years ago when we came out to Jamestown. 2002? 2003?

Our corps director at the time, Brent, relayed a conversation he had with Tom Peashey at the show. The way I remember it, was Tom P had seen Empire the previous week. After we performed, Tom compared our performance to what he had seen recently from Empire and thought we might top them. Then Empire came out after us and tore it up! They took a big step up in their show, execution and energy, and really delivered the goods much better than they had previously all summer.

I like to think we helped motivate Empire to excellence that year! :blink:

If I don't remember that right, sorry . . . my brain ain't what it used to be.

Can't wait for this show!

Just a quick update . . .

Great rehearsal tonight for MBI. Lots of work on the opener and closer. The last run was very fine indeed. We had probably 50 fans present as well which is always fun.

Historically these weekend out-and-back trips have been a challenge for us. It's a lot of time on the bus and a lot of excitement all rolled up into one 72 hour roller-coaster. But the members are really psyched and the show is solid so everyone is feeling great about the weekend ahead.

Must get some sleep . . . and some bus treats :bigsmile: We're headin' out at 7 Thursday evening!