Minnesota Brass and the Week of Scranton!

Safe travels, Brass!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he will be in camp, but is there anyway you could bring A.D. (Adrian peterson) with you. That dude is a stud.

Anyway have a fun safe trip.

I know he will be in camp, but is there anyway you could bring A.D. (Adrian peterson) with you. That dude is a stud.

Anyway have a fun safe trip.

Sorry. He won't be coming this weekend. We are saving him for finals ! ! ! :bigsmile:

crossed into WI a while ago, we're on our way!

sun behind us, casting long shadows . . an hour or so from setting.

we'll start the movies after it's darker.

MBI family, I sure wish I could be with you guys. Well, maybe not right at this moment as you're probably really really ready to get off that bus.

John, did you see your favorite movie?

Go get um boyz!!!!

I know you guys have been working hard, so heres the deal.

You guys win, I'll buy you all a beer at Patrick's at our home show on the 23rd.

Ok I'll break it down

MBI + first place = :thumbup: at Patrick's

you must have pulled into town by now? hope the ride was relaxed, i,m shure guys are ready to rip it up.

so i'll tip one back 4 ya.

Here's the latest from Minnesota Brass!

Needless to say it was a long day. Our bus journey was relatively uneventful (although one bus had some air conditioning troubles and one stop lasted a bit longer than scheduled blah blah blah.) We arrived in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area just in time for rush hour and crept up 81(?) for quite a while until we arrived in Factoryville.

Our hosts at Lackawanna Trail High School have been just wonderful. Pizza was waiting for us when we arrrived; plenty of space both indoors and out. We were particularly pleased to enjoy use of the stadium for our rehearsal. Many thanks to marching band director Katie Bower for all her work!

After pizza, the corps got down to work. Not surprisingly, it took a while to shake the bus off. As rehearsal progressed, the fog rolled in which created some spectacular effects for our "Nocturne: Music for the Night" show. We might have to add some dry-ice or smoke machines by the time finals rolls around.

One of the things that has been so special about this year's edition of Minnesota Brass has been their focus and commitment to excellence. Tonight you could literally see the corps shrug off 20 hours of bus time and commit to the work at hand. By the time our last hour of rehearsal began, everyone was fully engaged and giving their best--no excuses. We ended with a great run through at 10:30.

Saturday will be a focused but pretty sane day. The corps is rehearsing from 9:30 a.m. to around 2:30 p.m. at Lackawanna Trail HS (if you're nearby, feel free to visit!) Then we'll break for showers, packing, food, transit to the stadium and the usual show warm up stuff. We step off at 7:47. Sadly we will be unable to enjoy post-show festivities as we'll be boarding the buses and heading home immediately following the show.

Earlier today, I overheard someone cheerfully exclaim, "This is pretty crazy. We're spending 44 hours in a bus this weekend for an eleven-and-a-half minute show." On the surface that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But of course, Saturday's performance is just one big, fun piece of a larger story. Traveling together as a drum corps gives us a special opportunity to get better as performers and closer as friends. It allows us to do what we love at the very highest levels with people who share our passion. Saturday's show is going to be a lot of fun. But so was today.

See you in Scranton!

Edited by MBIBari