I’m aroused...

:thumbdown: Dude you have NO idea...

Edited by memphoquadz

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm jaded because I played with rusty, metal Tonka trucks, rode a bike without a helmet and have been overseas a few times........... but here is the morning rant.

The wussification of America continues.......... everyone please climb into your bubbles. Do NOT come out until all sharp edges found and eliminated.

What ever happened to the spirit of adventure and risk in America? Good thing the 1st explorers didn't stand on the edge of the Great Plains or the edge of the Rocky Mountains and decide it was too tough and someone might get hurt. Thank God the men of Concord and Lexington didn't play the percentages for a full and happy life at the birth of our nation. Sam Walton and Bill Gates took some risks, it seems it worked out OK for them.

Is the Atlanta regional close to any of that? Hell no.

But singular events like this can shape a young person. Are they going to be the type that rolls over for the rest of their lives or stand up in face of adversity?

Really, it was pink-eye with a corneal abrasion. Once the irritant causing the abrasion was removed and the eye was patched preventing further contaminants from entering, the eye can heal just fine. Doctors have a wonderful habit of saying go home and rest so they don't get sued or people don't lose jobs.

My rant is now over.

I'm going to go find some Decaf now.

Congrats to this young lady for looking at the situation and saying, "F*** it. I'm tougher than that."

:worthy: Bravo! Emphatically agreed, and much appreciated!

That is awesome. I had the pleasure of marching with her last year and that sounds just like her. She was always very tough. You are very lucky to have her. I wish the both of you a happy future together.

Funny thing is, this is now two years in a row that something crazy happened to a 'coats sop at the Georgia Dome. Last year I marched the Atlanta show with one shoe after losing it in the opener. I wonder what will happen next year :worthy:

Good Story Thanks GO ASHLEY! :worthy:

lol. TMI :worthy: Long summer eh? :worthy:

Wait, wait, haha. That's not what I meant. Lol. I was referring to how attractive it is when someone as feminine as she does something so gutsy. C'mon guys, her mom reads this! :devil:

Wait, wait, haha. That's not what I meant. Lol. I was referring to how attractive it is when someone as feminine as she does something so gutsy. C'mon guys, her mom reads this! :worthy:

I'm sorry. I was just joshin' you. I was actually very moved by your post and think she is lucky to have someone who honks for her like you do. Best to you both!

am i the only one who thinks she put her self and every person around her in great danger, and that this wasn't such a hot idea?

doctors are doctors for a reason.

No but you're definitely in a well-deserved minority. :worthy: You apparently didn't read blue9195's eloquent post.

I'm not sure why the scorners are giving unwanted and unnecessary advice. Do you honestly think she's going to read this and go, "Oh! Ok! Now that THEY'VE said it was a bad idea, maybe I SHOULD live in a bubble for the rest of tour!" :devil: I refer to bloomom's post about what happened in 06. Ash is an unstoppable force and I am d### proud of her for it!

By the way, thank you so much to everyone who posted compliments about what Ash did. It means a great deal to both of us. :worthy: