am i the only one who thinks she put her self and every person around her in great danger, and that this wasn't such a hot idea?

doctors are doctors for a reason.

I agree. I'm glad nothing happened because of it.

I hope she's returned to full vision subsequently, and wish her and the Coats nothing but success for the season.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry. I was just joshin' you. I was actually very moved by your post and think she is lucky to have someone who honks for her like you do. Best to you both!

No problem! I know. I can completely see why you put that. Thank you so much!

GREAT POST..and I would have done the same thing. However for God's sake don't pass that patch around if she had pink eye you will soon have a whole corps of Pink Eye! it is HIGHLY contagious

Edited by taters

God bless you Ashley , this is the kind of stuff that every instuctor , that is every diehard corps instructor

trys to install in their in their students and to tell you the truth it is not a learned attitued it's something

that a person is born with or the way she or he was raised and it also could be a little of each . Ashley

must have some pretty incredible parents kudos to you Mom & Dad ! :worthy::worthy:

No but you're definitely in a well-deserved minority. :worthy: You apparently didn't read blue9195's eloquent post.

yes i did.

I'm not sure why the scorners are giving unwanted and unnecessary advice. Do you honestly think she's going to read this and go, "Oh! Ok! Now that THEY'VE said it was a bad idea, maybe I SHOULD live in a bubble for the rest of tour!" :worthy: I refer to bloomom's post about what happened in 06. Ash is an unstoppable force and I am d### proud of her for it!

cool. i hope she's ok. i still don't think kids who don't have depth perception or peripheral vision should be marching shows. nor do i think they should be risking their life and limb (or others') for the sake of marching a show.

cool. i hope she's ok. i still don't think kids who don't have depth perception or peripheral vision should be marching shows. nor do i think they should be risking their life and limb (or others') for the sake of marching a show.

So you're saying that my wife, who has very little depth perception and who is also a former world champion baton twirler (both individual and on a team) and went on to be the feature twirler, guard instructor and danceline instructor at Fresno State shouldn't have done what she did either?

Sorry. After seeing what she was able to do, I have have to whole-heartedly give you a big :worthy:

Edited by skajerk

So you're saying that may wife, who has very little depth perception and who is also a former world champion baton twirler (both individual and on a team) shouldn't have done what she did either?

Sorry. After seeing what she was able to do, I have have to whole-heartedly give you a big :worthy:

Hold up.

There is a difference between someone overcoming a difficulty to perform, and performing with an injury. Your wife is the former, and his comment is talking about the latter.

The girl wasn't training with this handicap, she then goes out and performs with little depth perception. <----This is the problem here.

Where does whitedawn differentiate between overcoming a "difficulty" (a difficulty?) to perform, and performing with an injury in his post?

i still don't think kids who don't have depth perception or peripheral vision should be marching shows. nor do i think they should be risking their life and limb (or others') for the sake of marching a show.

That clearly says to me that anyone with these "difficulties" shouldn't be marching. I stand by what I said.

Edited by skajerk

Hold up.

There is a difference between someone overcoming a difficulty to perform, and performing with an injury. Your wife is the former, and his comment is talking about the latter.

The girl wasn't training with this handicap, she then goes out and performs with little depth perception. <----This is the problem here.

From the OP, it is pretty clear that she wasn't endangering anyone, including herself. Making one mistake during a show is hardly a bad run. If she had confidence she could march, and more notably, if the staff had the confidence she could march without inviting a potential catastrophe, I think she should march. So many people are overly concerned with safety these days. Live a little.