• Bush
  3. 3. Who takes 3rd?

• Bucs
    • Hurcs
    • Cabs
    • ES
    • MBI
    • Bush

I find it humorous to read about how people "think" that MBI will be competitive against the Bucs. I am not saying they won't be, but noone has seen them in competition this year against anyone else in the top 5, so how can anyone make an assumption that they will be competitive?

These threads are always funny.

I find it equally humorous that you would even suggest this.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it humorous to read about how people "think" that MBI will be competitive against the Bucs. I am not saying they won't be, but noone has seen them in competition this year against anyone else in the top 5, so how can anyone make an assumption that they will be competitive?

:worthy:

So Dave -

Are you coming to Saturday's show? Or are the Bucs invincible enough to not warrant your curiosity?

If the shoe were on the other foot, I'm sure similar things would be said about whoever the"unknown entity" might be..

I'm not saying that MBI is going to end 'the streak', but after 30+ years of watching DCA's off and on, I can certainly see how the 'territorial priviledge' makes for confidence..

You just never know....just ask the folks in Rochester last year at finals..

Pat

But the top five hasn't seen MBI either. Great reasoning

Kate

I believe MBI will be competitive. But Dave is right, we really don't have a good way of knowing how they will stack up with the NE corps yet because they haven't competed with any of them. In addition to simply getting a show opportunity at this time in the season, this trip is great for MBI to get a read on where they are compared to the other corps at this show.

Personally, I think MBI has a better show than last year. But none of the other corps are sitting still either. This whole uncertainty is what makes this show so exciting. I really wish I could be at this show because I think every corps is going to be bringing their "A" game to this performance. What a treat this will be to watch.

My message was not meant as a slight to MBI at all, or as a prop for the Bucs. I was merely saying how it is funny to see some of the completely blind statements about a corps that most of the people on this board have not seen.

I have seen Bucs, Cabs and a few others, but I have also not seen MBI, so I have nothing to offer either way.

Liz, what did I suggest?

I took it that your comment suggested MBI didn't stand a chance of beating Bucs Saturday. This "so how can anyone make an assumption that they will be competitive?" even rang with tinges of will they beat anyone at Scranton? My thought was they have been consistently improving each year so your statement makes no sense. It would be quite the fall for them to be out of the top 6 this year, and from everything that has come from their camp and spectators who have seen their show this year, nothing has been said that indicates they are in any sort of trouble, and even have the potential to be better than last year. To me, that means they are competitive.

No thank you. You are entitled to your opinion (which) makes all the more fun. :tongue:

- Freak August Nor'easter snow hurricane Saturday afternoon.

- DCA refuses to cancel show.

- MBI, in a flight of cosmic irony is the only corps to arrive to gate on time thanks to a set of snow chains that just happened to be on the truck.