Crossmen 09

I thought their show last year was a perfect vehicle to make finals, and don't particularly feel the same way about their show this year, although I'm not sure if they've made changes since I saw them. I saw them in Beverly and Bristol, and thought that the show was very ambiguous.

I saw them in Bristol and I would agree that the show concept was not coming across at all.

However, I saw the multi-camera from Atlanta and it was a vast improvement in terms of being a more cohesive show.

From what I hear, anyone who sees them from this point out will see the very last piece of the story--the denouement, so to speak--added in.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I hear, anyone who sees them from this point out will see the very last piece of the story--the denouement, so to speak--added in.

Interesting. Can you tell us if it's going to be an additional tag ending, or if it's simply a change to the current ending? I can't recall off the top of my head exactly how it ended, other than the corps member approaching the guard girl (like I said, a bit ambiguous when I saw them and I was unable to walk away from the show considering it to be memorable).

It's great to know they've made some changes since then. I didn't get to catch them on the Atlanta feed, unfortunately. I did just recently listen to their 2007 show! That "ballad" still gets me every time. Such a fresh arrangement and music you just don't typically hear in drum corps.

I saw them in Bristol and I would agree that the show concept was not coming across at all.

However, I saw the multi-camera from Atlanta and it was a vast improvement in terms of being a more cohesive show.

Could you elaborate a bit about what the story is supposed to be? It seems to involve something about one girl being tempted or approached by the dark side (like a Dracula-ish idea), but it seemed to fade in and out and I didn't really clue into it.

Interesting. Can you tell us if it's going to be an additional tag ending, or if it's simply a change to the current ending? I can't recall off the top of my head exactly how it ended, other than the corps member approaching the guard girl (like I said, a bit ambiguous when I saw them and I was unable to walk away from the show considering it to be memorable).

It's a tag on to the end. It was always intended to be there. I had the fortune of hearing the original midi for the show as composed by Guidry and this ending was always there. There are visuals that are important to the ending as well. My sister watched rehearsal yesterday and saw it.

As for the storyline, I'd rather not be the one to say.

They did not perform the ending at West Chester like planned.

Bummed