Post Scranton, Buccaneers ...poll

Do you think  

156 members have voted

1. 1. They will repeat as champs?

• Yes
    • no
  2. 2. They are the greatest corps ever assembled?

• Yes
    • no
    • Can't remember
  3. 3. Their colorguard will catch the Hurcs

• Yes
    • no

how about it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, baring a travesty, they will most definitely repeat a champs. Without a doubt, this years Bucs have the finest Senior Corp show concept and design I believe I have ever seen, but there is still an intangible that they will have to grapple with to be considered the "best ever". And AGAIN...Hurcs guard will not be NEARLY enough to put them over the top against the Bucs.

Edited by VOReason

Reading does their job rather well, and I have a lot of respect for their corps.

With that said, here is my personal opinion.

They are good. They have a great work ethic, and know how to get a job done. Their show hides their weaknesses really, really well. I have seen some file glitches and a little bit of sloppiness every once in a while, but they tend to play a lot to their strengths. it seems like they don't make a lot of risky show maneuvers, so the most difficult of their forms are able to look easy. Its a great strategy, and its a strategy that wins. do I think they have a great chance to set a 5 time record? Probably. Are there corps that can beat them?

of course. Anything can happen on any given day, and if Cabs, Hurcs, or MBI want it bad enough, they will take it.

Reading does their job rather well, and I have a lot of respect for their corps.

They are good. They have a great work ethic, and know how to get a job done. Their show hides their weaknesses really, really well. I have seen some file glitches and a little bit of sloppiness every once in a while, but they tend to play a lot to their strengths. it seems like they don't make a lot of risky show maneuvers, so the most difficult of their forms are able to look easy. Its a great strategy, and its a strategy that wins. do I think they have a great chance to set a 5 time record? Probably. Are there corps that can beat them?

of course. Anything can happen on any given day, and if Cabs, Hurcs, or MBI want it bad enough, they will take it.

Agreed!

Reading is exhibiting, and has been exhibiting over the last 5 years, the highest level of basic technical proficiency in marching, music, drill, percussion and especially show design of any corps in the circuit. Please NAME some of the weaknesses that Reading is tryng to hide or an example of a senior corps that makes a lot of risky show manuvers (other than Bushwackers). Nobody is going to beat Reading this year no matter how bad they want it. The gap between them and the rest of the field is a whole lot more than the 2 point spread that Scranton indicated. If it were a matter of the other corps just cleaning their shows, then maybe there would be a chance, however Reading is KILLING everyone in the basic show concept and design and I just don't see anyone making drastic program changes over the next 2 weeks. Granted it's not what everyone wants to hear or believe, but the fact is it was clearly evident that Reading won the Scranton show halfway through their opener.

Reading is exhibiting, and has been exhibiting over the last 5 years, the highest level of basic technical proficiency in marching, music, drill, percussion and especially show design of any corps in the circuit. Please NAME some of the weaknesses that Reading is tryng to hide or an example of a senior corps that makes a lot of risky show manuvers (other than Bushwackers). Nobody is going to beat Reading this year no matter how bad they want it. The gap between them and the rest of the field is a whole lot more than the 2 point spread that Scranton indicated. If it were a matter of the other corps just cleaning their shows, then maybe there would be a chance, however Reading is KILLING everyone in the basic show concept and design and I just don't see anyone making drastic program changes over the next 2 weeks. Granted it's not what everyone wants to hear or believe, but the fact is it was clearly evident that Reading won the Scranton show halfway through their opener.

I agree.

Although i think it starts even earlier. I think that nobody will beat Reading again until WINTER programs start changing.

Alot of great corps start to put on a good chase the last couple of years, but its all reactive. Wildwood happens, Reading is a ton of points up, and everyone else spends the year being the Coyote while the Bucs do their Road Runner "Beep Beep" and take off again.

There are 3 or 4 corps whos talent in membership and staff are definitely par with Reading, but again, its the preparation during November and December that dictate the end result. I havent seen them this year, but based on the last couple of years, none of the shows i saw even looked like an "Apples to Apples" comparison.

I think this year, the Hurcs are giving serious chase. I dont know much about thier winter program, but they look like the next big thing to me.

I know alot of the other corps were taking the winter off, having members wait until after DCI to join etc, thats just not going to get it done anymore.

I havent seen them this year, but based on the last couple of years, none of the shows i saw even looked like an "Apples to Apples" comparison.
The comparison is even more disparate this year. Scranton was the most convincing win I have ever witnessed in over 30 years following the activity. It's almost demoralizing...and you're starting to see it in the faces of the other competitors. Edited by VOReason

I think this is one of Reading's best shows over this run. Really love what they did with Fire Dance

I was in Scranton what a show. I didn't do a review this week, simply because these Corps all put it out there. As a fan and a fan with no dog in the hunt, I have a question? I thought Bucs edged everyone out. I rea about there superior design. Hre is my question. The last 2 minutes of their show is the same, re-set, power form ending, re-set powwer form ending, re-set power form ending/ Isn't this repetitious, I understand each tune is different, but the effect and emotion are the same over and over for the last 2 minutes.

Again I picked Bucs as winners, but I question that their show is the best ever, I think their players are magnificent.

Having marched with the Hurcs for a few years I can say that they have probably made some incredible changes. In the past it seemed that everyone was reading the same book just different pages. Now it appears, and from what I have heard, that they are on the same page working together and creating the product that they should have been doing before. As for anyone catching their guard.....as good as they are and continue to get I don't see it happening this year. The staff and the members are an incredible package. Much like Reading has been for several years. So I believe and hope that their undefeated season continues for many more seasons!!

Edited by hurcsel