1. 1. If there are co-Champions this year, would you

• 1. Be happy no matter who the Co-Champions are
    • 2. Be upset no matter who the Co-Champions are
    • 3. Be happy only if Crown is a Champion
    • 4. Be happy only if SCV is a Champion
    • 5. Be happy only if BD is a Champion
    • 6. Be happy only if HNC is a Champion
    • 7. Be happy only if Cavaliers are a Champion

I'm just curious, as I'm sitting here waiting for World Class Championships to begin. The tiebreaker was lifted this season, and I'm wondering where we stand now, nearly 10 years sine the last tie for Champion, on Co-Champions. Will you be happy? Will you be upset? Will you be happy only if it involves your corps? Will you be happy only if it involves some 'new' blood (Crown) or 'rare' blood (SCV's first win in a decade)?

What do you think?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh.

If it happens, I'll wonder how BD basically fell apart the last week of the season.

At this point, I wouldn't consider it falling apart, just some other corps pulling it together more. I don't think BD can screw too much up, within reason, at this point.

At this point, I wouldn't consider it falling apart, just some other corps pulling it together more. I don't think BD can screw too much up, within reason, at this point.

Well, yeah . . .I guess that's about what I meant, but I just don't see anyone catching BD right now, since they are doing well in almost every caption this season.

Anyway, if someone (or multiple someones) else wins, that's fine too.

Well, yeah . . .I guess that's about what I meant, but I just don't see anyone catching BD right now, since they are doing well in almost every caption this season.

Anyway, if someone (or multiple someones) else wins, that's fine too.

My brain says you're right, my heart says you're wrong, and my gut is completely silent...

Ummm, it's NOT going to happen. So why bother speculating? It's BD's to lose, and I don't see that happening. I disagree that it would be another corps "stepping up." It would definately be BD choking on a massive hairball. It's not going to happen this year because of what happened last year. They are way to focused.

As much as I really really want someone besides the Blue Devils to win (sorry! not a fan, never really have been), and as much as I'd really really really REALLY like HNC to win, I had to put "I'd be happy no matter who wins". It's been a good season of drum corps, and everyone out there is busting their butts, so good for the group who comes out on top! Won't make me enjoy the "losing" shows any less..

But I'm still crossing my fingers for HNC.

Ummm, it's NOT going to happen. So why bother speculating? It's BD's to lose, and I don't see that happening. I disagree that it would be another corps "stepping up." It would definately be BD choking on a massive hairball. It's not going to happen this year because of what happened last year. They are way to focused.

Could they possibly over-compensate for last year, come out and play the living hell out of this show and overblow everything and make even more mistakes? Isn't the championship formula to do what got you there? Nobody has mentioned that BD might try too hard to avoid last year's outcome and end up hurting themselves quality wise