VK Tuba soloist

I'm so glad he stayed with VK. Maybe this will start a tradition of committment to VK, building a winner, and refusing to be a feeder corps for anyone. It worked in the 80's, no reason it can't work today.

If VK wants to move up to World Class, they need 150 people like Muzz and the rest of the VK loyal.

Garry in Vegas

Well said Garry. There are at least 5 Open Class Corps in the Los Angeles/Orange County area (VK, Mystikal, Incognito, Impulse, Gold). Although that makes for an entertaining "pre-season" out West (4 of the corps didn't travel back East for various reasons), wouldn't it make more sense to combine resources and field a perennially strong group from SoCal? I mean, props to BD and SCV, but it makes me grind my teeth to think that we poor schmucks in Baja-Bay Area can't give the NorCals a run for their money.

Almost forgot...

Muzz, you rock!!

Muzz: :tongue::rock:

And, He took third at I & E, almost tying the contrabass tuba record set back in 1984!

Good Job!

Edited by BigDale

:rock: He nailed it in open quarters also. Great job. So he took third in the world and Blue Devils passed on him, things that make you go hum......

thanks for the love everyone! i'd just like to say, i'm glad that everything happened the way it did and the stars aligned to put me at VK for 2009. I felt a huge sense of fulfillment that 3 long years of hard work finally is putting VK on the map. The Velvet Knights keep growing stronger every year and I'm really glad I've been able to put in my effort to make that happen. Here's to a wonderful and face-melting 2010 for the knights!!!

Remember, please do not feed the animals. :throwupen: