Surprises and Disappointment

Great Surprises

1.The Cadets... wow, that is great intensity. While I am not a fan of their program this year, the energy comes through even in the theater. It is absolutely amazing! I think Crown may even place better not going right after the Cadets.

2. Phantom Regiment... they music is so symphonic and has the usual phantom magic in them. I found myself singing to Pagnini on the subway after the show.

3. Boston Crusaders... I think the producers did a fantastic job in showcasing their production. Their percussion sounds really sharp tonight.

4. Blue Devils.... okay, we all knew that BD would take away the win tonight but no body in the theater is thinking of that margin.... great job, BD

Great Disappointment

1. Santa Clara Vanguard.... I am a Vanguard fan and I am glad that they placed really good tonight and is on the hunt for the medal. But I am disappointed in the drum performance tonight.

2. The Cavaliers... in my theater, people were cheering after their score was announced. I think Cavies is in trouble. Can't see them medal this year.

3. The Bluecoats.... the ending still felt flat and guard works was sloppy tonight. No doubt that would do a better job and close that gap with SCV.

4. The Colts... I am just disappointed at the spread between the Colts and the Troopers.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Surprises

1.The Cadets... wow, that is great intensity. While I am not a fan of their program this year, the energy comes through even in the theater. It is absolutely amazing! I think Crown may even place better not going right after the Cadets.

2. Phantom Regiment... they music is so symphonic and has the usual phantom magic in them. I found myself singing to Pagnini on the subway after the show.

3. Boston Crusaders... I think the producers did a fantastic job in showcasing their production. Their percussion sounds really sharp tonight.

4. Blue Devils.... okay, we all knew that BD would take away the win tonight but no body in the theater is thinking of that margin.... great job, BD

Great Disappointment

1. Santa Clara Vanguard.... I am a Vanguard fan and I am glad that they placed really good tonight and is on the hunt for the medal. But I am disappointed in the drum performance tonight.

2. The Cavaliers... in my theater, people were cheering after their score was announced. I think Cavies is in trouble. Can't see them medal this year.

3. The Bluecoats.... the ending still felt flat and guard works was sloppy tonight. No doubt that would do a better job and close that gap with SCV.

4. The Colts... I am just disappointed at the spread between the Colts and the Troopers.

That is my biggest disappointment because the Colts were just dead on tonight! Bring it in Semi's Red Team! I could tell the broadcast team was disappointed in this too.

Edited by bmroth1

Also almost everyone in my theater.... even though Troopers still got a bigger cheer at the end of the show.

That is my biggest disappointment because the Colts were just dead on tonight! Bring it in Semi's Red Team! I could tell the broadcast team was disppointed in this too.

I've been rooting for the Troop (wore my Troop shirt to the broadcast) but was a little worried after seeing Colts perform tonight. I had thought that Colts might catch them tonight.

I ache for whichever two corps take the 13th and 14th spot because I think all three (Troop, Colts and Academy) are finals material and all would deserve it.

I was surprised they turned up the volume when I asked. After how many years, the theater finally listened!!!

I went and asked and they turned it up. 30 seconds later, they turned it back down :bluedevil:

Was surprised to see myself on the screen! Go 1979 Blue Stars!

Disappointed with the balance between the horn lines and THE SYNTHESIZERS & PITS (yelling for emphasis because the electronics were TOO #### LOUD!!!). Seriously considered leaving the theater after the first few corps because I couldn't hear the horn lines.

Was surprised that with all the theaters showing the broadcast, our (small) theater was still sold out.

Disappointed that with tonight's performance, the Colts did not finish at least one place higher. Our section thought Colts were very good tonight.

Was happy happy happy surprised that SCV totally got to me from count one. Ahhhhhhhh... :bluedevil:

Disappointed at all the non-pointed feet in the color guards. It's August and you can't point your feet? REALLY?

Was happy surprised that the corps are really effin' good this year. There were lots of shows that I wish I could have seen live- and more that I wish I could have heard live.

Was surprised to see myself on the screen! Go 1979 Blue Stars!

Disappointed with the balance between the horn lines and THE SYNTHESIZERS & PITS (yelling for emphasis because the electronics were TOO #### LOUD!!!). Seriously considered leaving the theater after the first few corps because I couldn't hear the horn lines.

Was surprised that with all the theaters showing the broadcast, our (small) theater was still sold out.

Disappointed that with tonight's performance, the Colts did not finish at least one place higher. Our section thought Colts were very good tonight.

Was happy happy happy surprised that SCV totally got to me from count one. Ahhhhhhhh... :bluedevil:

Disappointed at all the non-pointed feet in the color guards. It's August and you can't point your feet? REALLY?

Was happy surprised that the corps are really effin' good this year. There were lots of shows that I wish I could have seen live- and more that I wish I could have heard live.

The first few corps didn't have it right all season, unfortunately. Yes, it ruined it for me too. I think the last few corps had something going though.