Cadets and SCV

On One Hand...

Rocky Point

Nessun Dorma

Liquid

Danny Boy

On the Other...

Bottle Dance

Music of the Night (Even though I don't like POTO)

Send in the Clowns

I've loved Crown's encores the last few years. They show off a lot of personality and just have fun. Like last year, starting out with Jump, then Earth, Wind and Fire, followed later by Deck the Halls - in 7/8. Very entertaining!

I'm so glad you mention Jump. That was an impromptu thing we played in the pit, and were highly entertained by wailing on that thing to start every day (everybody would be warming up with random things on their own, then the section leader would start the Jump pattern, and one by one everybody would enter in with that until it was jammin). We thought it would be hilarious to start out one of the encores with it last year, and even got the brass in on it by playing low tones to add to the initial chaos.

Legend of the One Eyed Sailor, When a Man Loves a Woman ftw

some corps only play 1 encore (or none) all year. Doubtful they should spend time learning other songs.

That said, I agree with you. I really like hearing other songs.

When I marched eons ago, we had probably 30 minutes plus of additional pieces we learned and rehearsed. Firebird, Bacchanale, Ave Maria, Nessun Dorma, Spartacus, and a few others. It was nice to be able to play more than just the 10 minutes of show music all summer. You can still work on your sound by playing music other than your show. I also liked it better when the winning corps got to do the encore, but if they're going to go with this system where they choose beforehand then only corps that will put on a good performance of something other than their show should be eligible. At least that's my opinion.

I also really like cadets encore when I've heard them. Haven't heard vanguard in a long time. Cavaliers are OK, nothing compared to regiment and cadets though.

Cavaliers thriller encore ftw.

"Okay, they're re-warming up with a chord progression, nothing unusual. Hmm... it's getting more ominous, interesting. Wow, creepy. *HITS THE THRILLER CHORUS HARD*