When you think 2009...

2009's most memorable story  

215 members have voted

1. 1. What will you remember most about this year?

• Devils sum it all up - 13.
    • Crown medals - is beast of east
    • Holy Name makes old new again
    • Classic Vanguard - Classic drum corps.
    • Boston and Blue Stars vault Phantom finals week
    • Troopers ride into finals once again

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown's second place finish and winning brass was pretty huge for them, as was the toopers making finals. BD winning... meh. Vanguard playing appalachian spring... meh.

Which story, to you, defines the 2009 season?

Saw only two shows this season Jackson NJ and the Giants Stadium show August 2, in East Rutherford NJ. For me, ALL the Corps who performed August 2 in Giants Stadium: Holy Name Cadets, Carolina Crown, Phantom Regiment, Blue Stars, Colts, Crossmen and Jersey Surf "brought it" and performed like champions. The weather was lousy up till 2 hours before showtime, but the crowd was jacked up from the beginning. The performing Corps fed off of that crowd energy and ALL put on shows that got Standing Ovations, everyone of them, and well deserved. The point is, if anyone doubts the future of Drum Corps, they should get hold of any CD or DVD that might have been made of this show.

This was the best collective Drum Corps competition "pre quarterfinals" I have ever seen. Its a shame so little was mentioned of that show, especially since the Holy Name Cadets had a huge crowd rooting for them and have to have some "posters" on this forum that were there that night. This Giants Stadium show made my season, even though my beloved Carolina Crown came in 2nd.