Madison Scouts 2010

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those assets were misleading and are not a true indicator of the actual financial health of the organization. I mean, when did the BOD really think they could fully fund three corps? I'm sick and tired of scapegoating and pot shots taken at Sal Salas. There were many talented kids and staff who went to Madison because of Sal and the great design team HE assembled. And you know what, THE CORPS WAS GOOD. When you look at what other corps spend, his budgets weren't out of line at all. Compare them and see. He greatly improved the food situation (by adding a food truck) and transportation, (charter buses), which are both very costly, but much needed items. These are things that all modern, SUCCESSFUL, corps have that are not frivolous. Maybe Sal should have gone slower, but he was trying to get the corps up to speed. His motivation was to provide the best possible nutrition, safety, and positive instructional experience for the members of the Madison Scouts, and IMO he was very successful. Now lets wish Chris Komnick all the best for 2010. IMO, he's the guy that will lead the corps back. Like others on here, I've heard nothing but good things, and he has my full support.

Absolutely absolutely false. I'm not trying to perpetuate this negativity, but I'm also not gonna let false statements be reported as fact. No specifics needed, except to know that your assertions about Sal's budgets are untrue. He spent like a drunken sailor and hid debt from the board.

Beyond that, Sal's gone...gone. He's not coming back. You say that CK's the guy to lead, so drop it already. It's over. Sal sealed his own fate there...so go blame him if you need a target for your rantings.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread. :worthy:

Absolutely absolutely false. I'm not trying to perpetuate this negativity, but I'm also not gonna let false statements be reported as fact. No specifics needed, except to know that your assertions about Sal's budgets are untrue. He spent like a drunken sailor and hid debt from the board.

Beyond that, Sal's gone...gone. He's not coming back. You say that CK's the guy to lead, so drop it already. It's over. Sal sealed his own fate there...so go blame him if you need a target for your rantings.

By the By

I know Sal, he is very happy and is holding a SSR reunion.. I know since his name was dropped so many times, you would like to know how he is feeling and what he was up to right?

He is a good guy who marched Scouts, Taught Scouts and Directed the corps... He gave a lot of his time and life to organization and is a Scouts brother (not just a name to bash). He is a true friend.

David Martinez

Edited by Cop

By the By

I know Sal, he is very happy and is holding a SSR reunion.. I know since his name was dropped so many times, you would like to know how he is feeling and what he was up to right?

He is a good guy who marched Scouts, Taught Scouts and Directed the corps... He gave a lot of his time and life to organization and is a Scouts brother (not just a name to bash). He is a true friend.

David Martinez

I also have met Sal. He gave me a job with the corps in 2005. I'm not speaking of the man as a person, as I've always seen him to be a sweet man with a caring heart. I don't dispute any of that. I wish him well. I'm just sick of people continuing to use his name to rail against the Scouts organization. He's moved on...the Scouts have moved on and I think some others should take a hint and do the same.

As a long time fan it's sad to see so much dirty laundry airing in public.

Is this really the Scouts way?

This has been going on for a couple of years now.

All of you Scouts need to cease and desist and bring this back in house where it belongs.

You don't reflect well on your organization when you do this.

All of you Scouts need to cease and desist and bring this back in house where it belongs.

I think that the schism that happened with Scott’s situation has not healed all the way, and some of this stuff has its origins in that.

Indeed, it's going on 2010 and the Scouts have some new energy/hype right now. Let's more FORWARD and enjoy it.

:worthy:

Sorry, but I'm not going to be made to feel badly for standing up for the truth. Too often in this world people are allowed to make false statements that go unchecked. Trust me, I'm not airing dirty laundry, but I'm also not going to watch as something I love is continually assaulted.

However, once again those who tear down are defended and those who speak truth are vilified. Oh well...

What exactly in my post is false? Would you like to discuss Southwinds debt? Cap Sound? Severance packages? An old dilapidated fleet of buses listed as inflated assets? A decline and loss of Bingo? A Decline in show appearance fees? Where (pre Sal) would you like to start? I've read all the budgets on my Guidestar account, including those of other TOP 12 corps, and Sal's were well within the norm for a top level corps. No, I believe I have a pretty grasp of what went down, and while Sal may have over spent considering his available resources, not all of the financial issues were hardly his making. Sal was not the irresponsible hack you and others have made him out to be.

Edited by oldtimedrummer

I have an idea.

The guys who are interested in revisiting differing opinions on the past operations of the Madison Scouts, can start a thread titled “Differing Opinions On The Past Operations of the Madison Scouts”. Then this thread can move forward in discussing the upcoming 2010 season (as it is titled).

People who are interested in following the dynamics (no pun intended) of the differing opinions on the past operations of the Madison Scouts, can drop in to that thread and enjoy the differing opinions.

That way everything is title specific so that the end user can more easily find the discussion that want to follow.

EDIT - I set one up for you.

:worthy:

Edited by Roark1

I have an idea.

The guys who are interested in revisiting differing opinions on the past operations of the Madison Scouts, can start a thread titled “Differing Opinions On The Past Operations of the Madison Scouts”. Then this thread can move forward in discussing the upcoming 2010 season (as it is titled).

People who are interested in following the dynamics (no pun intended) of the differing opinions on the past operations of the Madison Scouts, can drop in to that thread and enjoy the differing opinions.

That way everything is title specific so that the end user can more easily find the discussion that want to follow.

Agreed. I just wish some people could have the decency to stop spewing their venom into every Scouts thread they come across.

It's a lot to ask, I know...

Edited by BigBadMadMan