DCA-SOUTH Ready to Rumble

Yea; Why would you want/do a "Drum Corps Style Retreat".

When you can do a more Modern "Evolved" DCI Style". Effcient!!!

Gee, an "Encore", will they do that "Before" the scores are announced like at DCI also,?(so the people/crowd can not LEAVE if they want a Score) Oh. Wait. They just pick a group now to do the "Encore". Does not have to be the Winner.

Yea: DM ONLY.

" Effcient " beats " Tradition "

Yup. I got it down now.

Gawd I can remember when we did retreat with each corps coming on individually..then the Olympic style retreat..you know I really liked that...it was a chance for us less than big powerhouses to march alongside ..others and found out we were all the same....Hell I used to be tired after all day and we were usually first on...and the wait...holy holy....but the crowd loved it and we loved it....even when they said in 6'th (read last) place with a score of.....it was some day!!! Then we went to the party..wow!! And all was good and Monday Morning we returned to work!!!!!! :thumbup: Old style that's the way it was!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea; Why would you want/do a "Drum Corps Style Retreat".

When you can do a more Modern "Evolved" DCI Style". Effcient!!!

Gee, an "Encore", will they do that "Before" the scores are announced like at DCI also,?(so the people/crowd can not LEAVE if they want a Score) Oh. Wait. They just pick a group now to do the "Encore". Does not have to be the Winner.

Yea: DM ONLY.

" Effcient " beats " Tradition "

Yup. I got it down now.

Just to let you in on a little secret... ROCKMART WAS A FULL CORPS RETREAT... has been and always will be (weather permitting) Olympic style retreat with each corps playing themselves off, passing in review of the contest winner, then the contest winner doing a standstill.afet all corps have left the fiels.

So please, before you shoot off with comments like the above, please get your facts straight. We do try to bring some "heritage " into our young Region.Thank you.

Edited by DCASouth

Scores???

Rockmart GA - 8/22/09

Saturday, August 22nd, 2009

1. CorpsVets 82.788

2. Alliance 82.350

3. Music City Legend 80.838

4. Sun Devils 68.438

5. Shenandoah Sound 55.250

Just to let you in on a little secret... ROCKMART WAS A FULL CORPS RETREAT... has been and always will be (weather permitting) Olympic style retreat with each corps playing themselves off, passing in review of the contest winner, then the contest winner doing a standstill.afet all corps have left the fiels.

So please, before you shoot off with comments like the above, please get your facts straight. We do try to keep some "heritage " in our young Region.Thank you.

Good for you Vic..good for you!!! Exciting!

So please, before you shoot off with comments like the above, please get your facts straight. We do try to bring some "heritage " into our young Region.Thank you.

Vic; I was REPLYING to;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

drum major retreat with winning corps playing a encore I am told,

Ed Mason (Big And Phat)

When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat!

DCA drum corps vet 2003-2009

Hillwood High School Trumpet 1982

Crunchy Frog 2004

But anyway.

I have ALWAYS been, and Still am very impressed with DCA South.

You and Others have done an Excelent job of Growing it. You are the best. Sorry!!!!!

(Not to mention I have Competed in Rockmart and KNOW I

it had a Olymic Style retreat then.)

Edited by OldStyleCorps

FYI-Brass on the Bayou in Houston has always had a full retreat as well, often with the Texas corps doing a mass-brass of some tunes from the Texas Drum Corps Preview. It is kinda fun to teach the DCI kids that perform at our show how to do a full retreat :blink:

Vic; I was REPLYING to;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

drum major retreat with winning corps playing a encore I am told,

Ed Mason (Big And Phat)

When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat!

DCA drum corps vet 2003-2009

Hillwood High School Trumpet 1982

Crunchy Frog 2004

But anyway.

I have ALWAYS been, and Still am very impressed with DCA South.

You and Others have done an Excelent job of Growing it. You are the best. Sorry!!!!!

(Not to mention I have Competed in Rockmart and KNOW I

it had a Olymic Style retreat then.)

Thank you for clearing that up. I just wanted people to know that most of the shows in the South have been Full Corps Retreats.. except MCL, due to the Parking Lot Jam.

Thanks for the compliment. I really do appreciate it, we do what we can down here :) .. seems to be getting better every year. I am very proud of the Region corps' and can't wait till we are back at full strength!!!

I will take care of Mr Mason :) :blink:

Edited by DCASouth

Thank you for clearing that up. I just wanted people to know that most of the shows in the South have been Full Corps Retreats.. except MCL, due to the Parking Lot Jam.

Thanks for the compliment. I really do appreciate it, we do what we can down here :) .. seems to be getting better every year. I am very proud of the Region corps' and can't wait till we are back at full strength!!!

I will take care of Mr Mason :) :blink:

Vic,,I usually have to pay extra for that kind of attention :thumbdown:

Looks as if I got some bad information and passed it along here.Sorry for that guys..I love full retreats and was glad we had one.Its a age old tradition that needs to be continued.

Edited by camel lips