Chrisi "Opus" Chenault - Phantom Regiment '89-'90

RIP Chris. Even though I never meet you, you are a part of a great family.

SUTA

Chris "Opus" Chenault, contra player with Phantom Regiment 1989-1990, passed away just this week. His funeral was on Saturday, August 29th in Lancaster, TX just south of Dallas. I have no other details. A memorial page has been set up for him on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=121152681175

Dang...wish I'd known that. I would have gone to the funeral to represent the pham. RIP Chris.

OP, if you know any other details...family contact info, grave info, I can go place a wreath appropriate to a dearly departed PR vet.

Wish I could have gone. I got to know Opus when I was in the marching band at E.T.S.U. He was a helluva guy and a big part of why I tried out for Regiment in 92. I still remember talking to him one night after rehearsal, in his dorm, when he showed me his 89 uniform. (Still have no idea how he pulled that off...) RIP

opus_final_1995x1384.jpg

Wish I could have gone. I got to know Opus when I was in the marching band at E.T.S.U. He was a helluva guy and a big part of why I tried out for Regiment in 92. I still remember talking to him one night after rehearsal, in his dorm, when he showed me his 89 uniform. (Still have no idea how he pulled that off...) RIP

opus_final_1995x1384.jpg

Very appropriate cartoon choice.

Mr chenault was a low brass instructor in my district when i was a begginer, one time i wore a phantom regiment shirt and he made a comment about me not even having to try out for a concert band positition, i would be first because of my shirt,he moved to a different district in the years to come, i was never under his direction but he he was great guy, he will be missed