Official Minnesota Brass 2009 DCA Thread

Miranda last marched with Brass in 2007 I believe . . .

astro-physicist if I recall correctly, or some such super-intelligent thing like that.

Hi Miranda!

longest distance commuter this summer is from Iowa, so we call him . . .'Iowa'.

Edited by John H

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to think I thought this was going to be dull!!!

:thumbs-up:

And to think I thought this was going to be dull!!!

:thumbs-up:

Seriously? Just relax. The corps isn't in Rochester yet so there's obviously nothing to update. SOME people, like our family and friends in MN, will enjoy reading any updates in here no matter how mundane you may find them.

Good morning from Toledo! All is well as we continue on our not-so-scenic tour of the Great Lakes. There's a bit of fog lifting off the cornfields here in Northern Ohio and that's about all we have to report.

In other news . . . AP and #4 will not be joining us this weekend as they are busy polishing their own duet. We have also revoked Honorary-Member status from Joe Nathan effective immediately.

And John H, you mentioned our furtherst commuting member, but didn't say anything about our international members who travelled to join us for the summer! I'll leave that for you to share :)

On to Cleveland!

Edited by MBIBari

Good morning from Toledo! All is well as we continue on our not-so-scenic tour of the Great Lakes. There's a bit of fog lifting off the cornfields here in Northern Ohio and that's about all we have to report.

In other news . . . AP and #4 will not be joining us this weekend as they are busy polishing their own duet. We have also revoked Honorary-Member status from Joe Nathan effective immediately.

And John H, you mentioned our furtherst commuting member, but didn't say anything about our international members who travelled to join us for the summer! I'll leave that for you to share :)

On to Cleveland!

You should be passing thru the Erie area about Noon-30. Don't forget to wave.... :thumbs-up:

I've got an update from the Brand spankin new bus!

I managed to tether my BB to my laptop and now have internet access! Although it is at dial up speed.

Somehow we managed to get a brand new bus, literally 2 hours old when we loaded her up.

Still has her temporary 30 day tag. Leather seats, drop down LCD's and best of all WORKING AC!!!

About half of us are watching the breakfast club currently, the other half is sleeping.

So far a good bus ride!!

Jon

I've got an update from the Brand spankin new bus!

I managed to tether my BB to my laptop and now have internet access! Although it is at dial up speed.

Somehow we managed to get a brand new bus, literally 2 hours old when we loaded her up.

Still has her temporary 30 day tag. Leather seats, drop down LCD's and best of all WORKING AC!!!

About half of us are watching the breakfast club currently, the other half is sleeping.

So far a good bus ride!!

Jon

Don't know where or if.....yinz are stopping for lunch but I'll just throw this out there for you and anyone else traveling thru Erie. Going east on I-90 you will pass I-79 (north south) the very next exit about 1 1/2 miles is Peach street exit (U.S. Rt-19). In less than a mile off I-90 you will find:

Steak N Shake

TGIFridays

Damons

Cracker Barrel

Golden Corral

Ye Old Country Buffet

McDonalds

.......and a couple Steak houses.

Not much else between here and Buffalo with the exception of Angola, N.Y.

heh

Yui and Ikumi commuted once . . . from half way around the world. But they live in downtown Minneapolis this summer, so . . .

first flight, w/ 25 ppl, landed in Rochester a little after noon after short delay in Detroit. the plane was unbalanced because it was too LIGHT. hmmmmm

I understand second later flight w/ 15 ppl is delayed also? don't know how long.

Still, this year's travel is way better (so far) than last year!

on to the hotel . . .

Update from the Busses! Just passed through Erie area. AC on the new bus froze up for a bit. Stared leaking on us inside unfun. Other than that ride is going smoothly. Currently watching Zoolander. 2 hours to hotel!