Official Minnesota Brass 2009 DCA Thread

Hi all,

I tried this for our Scranton trip and thought I'd give it a whirl again as Minnesota Brass heads into finals week. I'll be posting some updates and comments throughout our weekend at DCA. You can also follow us with less detailed but more frequent updates on facebook: http://facebook.com/minnesotabrass. Please feel free to stop by any of our rehearsals and say hi!

Most of the corps is departing tonight at 7 p.m. CST. Our goal is to make fewer stops than during the Scranton trip (don't ask :tongue: ) Another large group of folks will be flying out tomorrow. We'll all converge at the lovely Doubletree in Rochester (1111 Jefferson Road) around 3 o'clock Thursday afternoon. Traditionally we do a little parking lot rehearsal late in the afternoon which is a fun way to dust off the cob-webs.

Friday we'll be rehearsing at Genesee Valley Park. Tentative schedule is rehearsal from 8-2 so we can get everyone back in time for I&E! Friday night Minne-Brass will be performing their 2009 production, "Animated Adventures in Brass" which includes some great music from Johnny Quest, Batman and the Incredibles. They're on at 10:18.

Saturday it's back to work at Genesee Valley Park. Tentative schedule is rehearsal from 9-2 or so. We have a late performance time this year at prelims :tongue: stepping off under the lights at 9:04.

We'll figure out Sunday's schedule once we're out there. The evening . . . well, everyone has the same schedule for Sunday evening: our best performance of the year followed by a blow down in the street. Good times!

See you in Rochester! :thumbup:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we just leave now? PLEASE!?!?!? :tongue:

C U Der!

(I have a room just down the street, but will see Frank the Beard and the auld crewe at the DoubleTree!)

Safe Travels and Good Luck to MBI this weekend. I hope you all have a great memorable Finals week.

Somehow I see a Minnesota twitter or blog sounding something like:

The mosquitos are just little bitty things here, eh?

or

These people can't speak correctly... they can't even pronounce Minnesoooooooooota, ya know?

Should be a thrill a minute (yawn)

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::thumbup::smile::thumbup::smile::smile:

Ah, the first sign of DCA weekend...the pilgrimage begins. Everyone leaves at different day/time........ but no one ARRIVES in Roch...... DCA DESCENDS UPON Roch on Friday..... big difference......

Let the games begin.............PLEASE!

Joe

DOSE ANY ONE KNOW A WOMAN NAMED MIRANDA THAT PLAYS MELI WITH MBI, SHE COMES FROM CANADA.

This time do not bring Adrian Peterson and especially Brett they are getting ready for a super bowl run.

hope you understand.

Safe travels and have fun.

:tongue::tongue::tongue::smile::tongue::thumbup::thumbup: