Scouts Announce Donnie VanDoren as Brass Caption Supervisor

Donnie VanDoren is being UNDER-hyped by us DCPers??? I, myself, was guilty of posting the very first notice of a Scouts press release about the new 2010 staff. The headline was Jim Mason and I posted it that way. Donnie was mentioned in the Mason announcement but after that each additional staff member received his own press release. Today, Donnie finally got his and everyone has gotten so used to them that no one created a new DCP topic just for Donnie. Come on, he is in the :tongue: Hall of Fame guys, he reads these things :thumbup: , six hours :tongue: , you are going to give him a complex... :thumbup:

http://news.madisonscouts.org/?p=242

Chris Komnick, Executive Director, and James Mason, Artistic Director of the Madison Scouts are pleased to announce that Staff Coordinator Donnie VanDoren will also serve as the Brass Caption Supervisor. In this position, Donnie will be taking a significant role in the development and management of the brass instructional program for the Scouts and will be directly involved in auditioning and selecting members for the corps. Donnie is concurrently the Chief Operating Officer and Casting Director for Mason Entertainment Group, a position he has held since 2005.

I bet Donnie is gonna love it when the Scouts and Crown are the only 2 corps duking it out for the brass title for the next 2-4 years. :)

:) :) :)

Donnie VanDoren is being UNDER-hyped by us DCPers??? I, myself, was guilty of posting the very first notice of a Scouts press release about the new 2010 staff. The headline was Jim Mason and I posted it that way. Donnie was mentioned in the Mason announcement but after that each additional staff member received his own press release. Today, Donnie finally got his and everyone has gotten so used to them that no one created a new DCP topic just for Donnie. Come on, he is in the :tongue: Hall of Fame guys, he reads these things :thumbup: , six hours :tongue: , you are going to give him a complex... :thumbup:

http://news.madisonscouts.org/?p=242

Chris Komnick, Executive Director, and James Mason, Artistic Director of the Madison Scouts are pleased to announce that Staff Coordinator Donnie VanDoren will also serve as the Brass Caption Supervisor. In this position, Donnie will be taking a significant role in the development and management of the brass instructional program for the Scouts and will be directly involved in auditioning and selecting members for the corps. Donnie is concurrently the Chief Operating Officer and Casting Director for Mason Entertainment Group, a position he has held since 2005.

haha. i think the reason nobody had posted it was because it was what everyone already assumed he would be doing... managing the development of the brass program, while not being the brass caption head, more an advisor to the brass staff and getting the right people in the right places (similar to what he has done previously). So... since we already assumed (and it was no big secret) it was going to happen, nobody made a thread for it. (much like the numerous announcements where a staff member is staying and there arent major changes)

And, as previously stated, having DVD in this position, and bringing in staff to establish a program similar to Blue Stars and Crown can only mean good things for the Scouts. Im looking forward to it. Very much so!

a couple other corps might have something to say about that.

agreed...such as...i dunno...BD who's won brass what was it? 22 times? there was a thread about it a little while ago...

...and in related news, DVD will also be driving the lead bus, cooking all the meals, designing and sewing the uniforms, and leading the guard in Pilates each morning.

Of course, he's still working on that cloning issue so that he can perform these duties with 14 other corps, too.

It's all DVD, all the time!

I have not doubt whatsoever that DVD can oversee three incredible Brass Lines operations. Matt Harloff has put together an incredible staff at Crown that can be successful for years to come. Frank Sullivan and Josh Talbott are going to do great things at Blue Stars, and I am sure to expect nothing less at the Scouts. DVD has done nothing but set these groups up for incrdible long term success with a proven technique program that works. :thumbs-up:

Just wish I was 19 and could do it all over again.