Minicorps scores

Galen

Yes, this mimin-corps show gets better every year (and so does STAR). WOW, just awesome isn't enough to describe them, and great people too.

But I missed seeing Erie T-birds being out there. They always entertained the crowd like no other.

Maybe next year??

I missed Erie as well and I also missed Amoskeag Sound. But the mini corps show was great. This is the first year I didn't get to see every mini corps (helping Freelancers load equipment) but those that I did see were fantastic. As usual, I&Es and the mini corps show were just an absolute blast. I know it takes a lot of organization to do it, but as both a participant and a spectator, I think it came off flawlessly. Can't wait until next year. :thumbup:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll throw in some "homey" kudos for Ghost Riders... I can't tell you how impressed (and surprised) I was ... no gimmicks just an amazing sound and blend that was like none I've ever heard from Ghost before. Further... and I'll shout this to the top of the mountain... Donny's arrangement of "Red Pony" was the best arrangement I've ever heard from his pen... not only did he raise the bar for his group performance and sound wise... he raised the bar on himself...

Gotta say, the biggest let down of the entire weekend was turning the key to open the front door of home!

Now a question. What does Rochester do the rest of the year? I swear they settle in for a LONNGGG winters nap till next September when the city comes alive with DCA!

Keep your eyes and ears peeled for the next time mini corps comes to a city near you. Plans are in the works @ MCA to have appx 4 shows a year. This may become a reality as soon as March 2010. You may have to travel to Long Island; Parts Unkown (Batavia, NY); Boston Mass; Harrisburg, PA,........ but your mini corps fix just may come much sooner than you think in 2010.

Ghost Riders will be performing their 2009 production on Sept 26th in Batavia, NY ...... a "special cause" concert.

Look for the upcoming advertizement concerning the event on DCP.

"Happy Trails"

On behalf of my fellow members of Skyliners AluMINI, I'd like to congratulate Star United on yet another untouchable performance and their win in this year's minicorps competition.

And a hat's off to all the competitors - great job and I hope you had half as much fun as we did.

A special thanks to our fans and the audience, many who had no idea what to expect from us. Your reaction to our show was probably the most humbling and gratifying experience I've ever had in my years in drumcorps - we were only too happy to entertain you all.

Skyliners AluMINI thank you all.

Edited by MrKlark

Awesome job my friends! I wish that I could have been there with you.

SAC is back!

Actually they havent HAD a drum corps for many years now. Like hall of famer Dave Martin says ,I think we should investigate whether these guys are playing by the rules and are all IN an alumni corps or Sr corps(I personally think NOT)

I've never looked at the mini-corps rules. Are they online somewhere?

Why would it matter if a mini-corps had members that were not marching members? Most of the "ringers" that jump in to the field corps only stand on the sideline of their marching unit anway. What's the difference if a mini-corps brings someone in that does not step on the field that weekend with the big corps?

I've never looked at the mini-corps rules. Are they online somewhere?

Why would it matter if a mini-corps had members that were not marching members? Most of the "ringers" that jump in to the field corps only stand on the sideline of their marching unit anway. What's the difference if a mini-corps brings someone in that does not step on the field that weekend with the big corps?

it doesn't,.............rules say something like you must be a member of a competing senior corps past or present, or a member of an alumni corps,.................or something,.................

First let me say what a wonderful night it was all of the Mini's put on a show for all. As a matter of fact the whole weekend was wonderful.

Now as many of you know the I&E show was my baby and I can be protective of. Every year people lose and its the rules that are at fault. The comment that Star hasn't had a Corps in a long time so these can't be members is so absurd. They even place their resume' online for all to see. Now here is the rule once again.

1. All contestants must be a member of a past or present All Age Competitive Corps or active member of an Alumni Corps.

Here is an example, The Ghost riders are an All Age Mini Corps. When some one puts on their unifrom they become a Ghost rider, thus they are a present member of an all age Corps. The rules are written to be as open as possible.

Now since all of us who run or work at the I&E show and Mini show are volunteers, If you feel the rule is being mistreated you can volunteer to check out the 500 + contestants who competed that night.

I really don't like to get involved with the Mud slinging but I hate seeing class groups being accused of things thats are not true.

IT WAS A GREAT NIGHT

First let me say what a wonderful night it was all of the Mini's put on a show for all. As a matter of fact the whole weekend was wonderful.

IT WAS A GREAT NIGHT

That pretty much sums up my estimate on the night, and the weekend! Thanks Dick and your staff of VOLUNTEERS, for giving me a place to honk my horn!

From top to bottom, it was an awesome weekend.

The first thing we heard after pulling in was Mass Brass warming up- we knew they were ON.

Got to sneak inside and watched the Freelancers- Super-great show.

Star U was treated by a sample of Music City Legend at our warm up site (Holy $#%&, that was loud!!)

Sitting on the starting line, we got to listen to Golden Eagles and Mass Brass.... both those shows were top notch, and the crowd responded as such.

I can't say enough about how special it is to be able to play with my friends at Star United. I'm sure everyone else shares the same feelings about their corps - you guys are the best. I can't wait to see you all again soon.

Thanks to DCA, the city of Rochester & all the volunteers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's to what was a great 2009 - and here's to an even better 2010 :tongue: