Geoff Silver

Loiswt

As an Old Buccaneer, I know the closeness of our family. My condolences to the corps, the staff, and more importantly to Geoff's family. Finish the finals off with a win for him.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP. So sad.

He will be missed!!!!! Lots of integrity....always a smile....

Carolina Gold

Quite a shock to all. Geoff was a special breed worthy of all the good comments and memories displayed here and extended throughout the weekend. Somehow I had the feeling he was out there marching his spot........God Bless, Geoff

WE LOVE YOU GEOFF!!!!

I have a wonderful picture from Finals retreat 2007 that I AM TAKING TO MY OFFICE so I may be reminded every single day of your infectious smile and wonderful demeanor like no one else!

God Speed to You & Your Family Forever!

Home Show Brother,

Dave Faust

The Bucs

I found out from a few of the staff members after prelims. On Sunday morning I informed the Bush Brass Line about Geoff's passing, and it certainly shook all of us. As I told them, while we're competitors on the field, off the field we all share in the brotherhood of drum corps...we respect everyone because they're out there doing what we do...sweating, sacrificing, and striving to be the best at what they do. When something like this happens to one of our own, we feel it and we extend our greatest sympathies to Geoff's family, his Buccaneer family, and all of his friends.

Chris Kilian

The Bushwackers

I remember hearing about this in my hotel from some of our staff. I saw the older members of the corps lower their heads, shocked, not from knowing him but from remembering friends they have lost. I personally have marched 3 seasons of drum corps, and this was my first competitive season. I have met people I am confident will be life long friends, I can not imagine how it feels to lose one of them right before finals. What the Bushwackers' staff said is true, we are all part of one larger family. Condolences from me personally and all of Excelsior, may Geoff rest in peace.

I received the call about Geoff from a mutual friend of ours in Virginia. The shock was still evident in his voice, and it carried through the phone to me. "Too young"..."He should be here"...among other thoughts raced through my mind.

I had the privledge of performing with Geoff in 2003 with Gold, and he was always "set"...ready to go. He motivated others around him, and enjoyed not only the performance but the process. He had a light that seemed to draw all of us in...you just couldn't help but want to be around him. Or perhaps it was that great smile and giggle.

My sincerest thanks to the Bucs for their honoring Geoff during their show, and at retreat. You knew it was all about family when Jon Gifford and I came over to pay our respects, only to be met with giant hugs from you guys. Thank you for allowing us to share in your grief.

For our friend Geoff - Réquiem ætérnam dona ei Dómine; et lux perpétua lúceat ei. Requiéscat in pace. Amen

Thank you,

Dana

Edited by Aurum

Our friend was laid to rest today. 60 members of the buccaneers

made their way down to VA to say good bye. We will miss you

Geoff.....we're all good men....

Amen.